Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MIDI controller freezing constantly!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have been playing with a Numark MixMeister Control all day, and have pretty much finished writting the device definition and mapper for it. What I've found though, is that there are all kinds of things that seem to make the controller freeze and then VDJ will become unresponsive until I unplug the controller. To get it working again, i have to go into settings and rescan for devices, and then it's back to normal...

What a pain! Is this normal for MIDI controllers? One example of what makes this happen is that I go into another application so that VDJ doesn't have focus, and then when I push buttons it'll freeze and require unplugging and rescanning.

Not at all confidence inspiring. I don't know if perhaps this has something to do with the mapper I wrote or something like that... or maybe the computer I'm using. I guess I'll know when I take it out for a real DJ gig, but now I'm a little scared to :S

Inviato Mon 21 Sep 09 @ 9:27 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Now that I've gigged with this controller for a few nights, I can say that it hasn't happened to me under actual production use (thank god). It was sure unstable during testing and while creating the mapper though! Yikes!

Inviato Sun 27 Sep 09 @ 5:11 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)