Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Music Skipping in Numark CUE LE & VDJ 6?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I read the post about the music skipping while using the Hercules RMX, and it sounds like the same problem I have except my setup is as follows: I use an Asus Laptop with an Intel core 2 Duo processor, 4 gigs of memory, and Windows 7 as my OS. I use a Numark DMC2 as a controller, and I use a MOTU 828 mkII as an output source. The MOTU is an ASIO Device, but it configures it's outputs as if they were separate devices so I normally run the sound configured as two cards (analog 1/2 out for card 1 and analog 3/4 for card 2), which up until recently has worked fine. I had two gigs this weekend. At the first on Friday night I used Numark Cue LE and experienced a skipping and a pop on most of the files I played, but fortunately it wasn't very noticeable. I assumed that it was an issue with the audio codecs I have, since I have had similar problems in the past and switching codecs had helped. This being the case, I upgraded Saturday morning to Virtual DJ 6 Pro in order to have access to the advanced options, in hopes with manipulation I could remedy the problem. However Saturday afternoon at my second job I still had the same issue. This time it was a little more noticable, and no matter what I did whether it be changing codecs, or attempting to adjust latency, could solve it. I even tried closing every unnecessary application and process running in the background, but nothing worked. I will continue to play with it and attempt to fix this problem, but any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 8:09 am
Update to situation: I read some of the other posts here and downloaded the dpc latency analyzer and tried to disable as many unnecessary drivers. I then went through and closed any unnecessary processes in the task manager as well. After doing all of that, the latency analyzer showed either worse results or stayed the same as before (i.e. I have green and red stripes every so often, or worse case, all red stripes peaking around 8000us). Additionally, the problem has not gotten any better. So, again, any suggestions beyond that would be appreciated.

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 3:58 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 4:52 pm
Thank you for the help, but After trying everything on the list I have had absolutely no change in the performance of Virtual DJ. I am wondering now if I have an issue with my audio hardware. I have used other programs with my MOTU 828, where I have had issues with sampling rates and master clock sources, with this unit, although this is the first time i have had this problem with Virtual DJ or CUE and this piece of hardware. I don't seem to have a problem running this software with my internal hardware. Tomorrow I will try my backup device and see if there is a change in performance.

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 9:57 pm
Success!!!! After doing some more digging into my latency situation, I finally found and fixed my problem. As I think I mentioned before the audio device I use as an output source is a MOTU 828mkII. This device can be configured as both a DirectX sound device or an ASIO device. Up until now, I have used it as a directX device, aka it configures all 10 outputs as 5 separate audio devices (5 stereo pairs) in the windows sound control pannel, which works fine normally for most applications. However, in Virtual DJ 6 it runs glitchy that way. I knew that you could setup the outputs using an ASIO device, but I kept getting an error when I tried to select the MOTU ASIO driver in the sound setup in Virtual DJ. So, with nothing left to loose, I went ahead and reinstalled the drivers for the hardware (actually, I don't know that they were installed properly from the beginning anyway), and was able to configure the sound output of Virtual DJ with the ASIO driver. Since I did that, I was able to revert back to all of my original settings in Windows, as well as re-enable all of the device drivers I turned off. Additionally, I was able to set the VDJ performance settings to best quality, and run audio, video , and samples flawlessly with all of my original settings. Finally the true test: running Virtual DJ on top of Windows Back-up in the process of creating a backup and again no problem.
For me, neither the optimization guide nor the DPC latency checker did anything for me. No matter what I did, I still had red stripes, and so it calls into question its validity on Windows 7 64-bit (or atleast on my system). If there still is a little bit of latency, it is nearly undetectable.
- Gregory Maine
Audio Technician, DJ

Inviato Mon 02 Nov 09 @ 9:48 pm
I just got a new Toshiba laptop with 4gb/350gb and nothing else on it besides Itunes (which is what my VDJ reads from) and VDJ7. After about a four-hour gig, deck one started skipping, and I switched back to cd's for a few. Then deck two started skipping. Evetually, I took a chance and used deck one again, and it was fine, and the same with deck two, but then deck two started up again. I know the problem is not the computer, or VDJ (as far as I can tell) but I'm now thinking that it's the DMC2 controller. Someone mentioned that it might be the "scratch mode" the wheel was on, and that sometimes it just doesn;t like to be toyed with too severly, but at this point, I really don't know. Looking for help here. Anything is greatly appreciated. I have a wedding coming up soon, and to say I'm a little nervous would be an understatement.

Thanx all.....

Paul Liberty

Inviato Sun 21 Aug 11 @ 7:27 am
The jogwheels on the DMC-2 are quite sensitive, so it may be vibrations from the bass of your sound system causing the jogwheel to move slightly causing a brief pause as the controller scratches the music.

To avoid this, make sure that the jogwheel is in bend mode when you do not need to scratch (Press the WHEEL MODE button to choose on each side of the DMC-2.)

Please also ensure that you have the latest VirtualDJ or most recent Cue LE installed: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

And there are no performance issues with your computer: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

Inviato Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 6:46 am
My music skips when i minus out of the vdj window to download something from another window im using windows 7 anybody know why its doing that

Inviato Tue 28 Feb 12 @ 10:48 pm
Please open your own new topic rather than bumping an old one that is not related to your question (Unless you are actually using the Numark DMC-2 with VirtualDJ LE.)

To open a new topic, please click on the pen and paper icon at the top of the forum topic list page.

NOTE: Your comptuer probably has performance issues - Please see the link above.(http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html)

Inviato Wed 29 Feb 12 @ 5:03 am
kgak73PRO InfinityMember since 2011
It has happened to me number of times in middle of my gigs. It is a software issue. I have a Mac with Lion OX. Every time a song is playing and I type a new song it skips. They need to fix this.

Inviato Tue 06 May 14 @ 10:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)