Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules and the 32bit

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hakassHome userMember since 2009
Eaaasy ladies and gents,

Has anyone here got a hercules device with virtual dj fully working on a 32bit version of Windows Vista with no problems??

I'm having issues with my old skool hercules mp3 console (not even the MK2 man) in that my Vista 32bit is having difficulties in installing the drivers properly. After the "installation complete" screen appears I am gutted to learn that the program is unable to locate a device in which to use the software with. The little hercules tray icon comes with a big, red X symbol. The funny thing is that I got it to work once by fluke! Dunno how, it just worked. But after a restart it went back to its old tricks and has been for the past 3 days. Im very confused as I feel like the thing is messin with me.

I read up on a number of other cases of where a similar thing was occuring, and where it was resolved by upgrading from a 32bit to a 64bit. No way of getting it up and running on a 32bit no? Worked fine for me on XP not long ago

Thanks

Inviato Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 3:26 pm
hakassHome userMember since 2009
This is my HDJinfo file btw, if it helps with any solution:

Hardware Information - Hercules DJ Series Control Panel
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System Time: 22:34:07, Date: 11/26/2009 (format: mm/dd/yyyy)

Operating System Version: CSD=Service Pack 1 (Platform=2) Version 6.0 (Build 6001)
Processor Count: 4 (Type: 586) Mask=0x0000000F
User Default Language ID = 0x0809
C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\HDJSeriesCPL.exe
Control Panel Version = 2.0.5.1
Expecting Driver Version:
BULK: 4.6.6.0
ASIO: 4.5.9.0
MIDI: 4.3.4.0
Compiled using HDJAPI header file version: 2.0.18.7

Software Directory: C:\Program Files\Hercules\Audio\DJ Console Series\
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
SysWOW64 Directory: none.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DJ Console Mk2 Device in BOOT mode: 0
DJ Console Rmx Device in BOOT mode: 0
DEEJAY TRIM 4&6 Device in BOOT mode: 0

Device 0: Hercules DJ Software API
Product: Hercules DJ Software API, dwFFlags=0x00000004, Deck:0, Channels: Play=0 Rec.=0
Number of instances: 2
API Version: 2.0.18.7
--> DJ Series API trace: disable
--> DJ Series API trace mode: normal
--> DJ Series API trace path: C:\
Number of low-speed dongles connected: 0
Number of hi-speed dongles connected: 0

Inviato Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 4:35 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
The "old skool hercules mp3" is special because it needs to be connected to the same USB port to which it was initially installed. Otherwise, one of the component is not automatically installed by Windows. Since this device is not present, Virtual DJ gives you the message that it cannot find the controller.

This is what you should see in Device Manager when the installation is done correctly:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00259.pdf

The solutions is to uninstall and run the installation again, and always connect the MP3 to the same USB port.

Again, it makes no difference if you are running Windows in 32 or 64 Bit.

Inviato Fri 27 Nov 09 @ 7:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)