Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: STREAMING AUDIO WITH VDJ ON A HOME NETWORK

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Happy Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow I will be hosting a large party at my house and I'd like to have the same sound outputted from vdj throughout the house.

I do have a home network and a computer in every room, and each computer feeds its own stand alone stereo equipment in that certain room, so how do I setup a streaming server for vdj and set the other computers as clients?

Any pertinent input it is appreciated.

Happy Spinning!

Inviato Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 3:47 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi djlex,

you don't need a streaming server ;-)
VDJ has everything on board you need.

First you had to find out your own local IP-Adress.
If you use Windows, use the CMD command to open a dos window and type IPCONFIG
After enter, you get displayed your IP-Adress from your gig maschine ;-)

After that open VDJ and go to the broadcast config.
Hook it up for Broadcast from your own computer, look at the great manual ;-)

After that close the config and press the Start Broadcast button, hehe music should run also ;-)
Now is under the button located a adress line.

Write those information line down a paper.
Now replace "only" the displayed IP Adress through your local IP Adress.

After that write the hole informations (http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8000/VirtualDJ.mp3) into a mp3 player on your other maschines.
In Winamp it is called url open, i guess!

Now you should hear in your hole home the same music!

Have fun
Haui

Inviato Fri 27 Nov 09 @ 2:40 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I struggled with that all day, it kind of works, my other computers can't hold the link, and they play for few minutes then stop
I tried win amp and media player and the same thing happened.
If I choose mp3 broadcast format, it plays longer with ogg just few seconds
I checked my network and works ok.

What is bothersome is the fact that once the link is lost neither winamp or mediaplayer is going to keep the connection hot and rebuffer, I tried to increase the size of the buffer and helped a little. Is any player out there or any trick that would reconnect the virtual server automatic in the case that the stream is lost?

My gig computer which is an intel dual core running xp sp3 has some rare 2000 microsecond’s dpc spikes, could this latency cause the dropouts?

According to the DPC latency checker it could cause some streaming dropouts, and I tried to isolate the problem, but no luck so far.

Another thing is that when it plays is an audible delay from the source to the remote computer even if they are next to eachother.

do you think that using shoutcast would improve the symptoms?

Inviato Fri 27 Nov 09 @ 4:40 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
how are you connecting within your house? if its wireless, first test two or more machines together in the same room close to the gateway. if a signal is weak it will likely cause the dropouts.

as for the delay, you cannot easily solve this. the broadcaster uses a buffer which holds data first before it will stream it to the network. the size of the buffer affects the amount of time in the delay. using a streaming server you can control this but i have no idea if you can control this in the streaming server that is in vdj itself. maybe there is a registry hack and someone can comment on that.

i'll do a little research online. ive found some low delay audio applications, however they are all development. will see if there is something easy to use for end users rather than developers.

Inviato Fri 27 Nov 09 @ 6:00 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)