Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer cdj2000 Anybody got them - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

hi

Hi has anybody got Pioneer cdj2000s yet? or played on them
pioneer say that they will control VDJ. Any news on that from anybody??

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 3:26 pm
They will no doubt control VDJ once the support is in place. Right now (and as far as I know) Pioneer is going to get these out starting the next week or so. No doubt the backlog is big so unless you got one or more on order and had so for a while my guess is as good as anyones, but knowing pioneers rep they will start shipping to high profile people and places before they hit the shops..

I'd be surprised if they are available in the next four months.

But who would spend serious cash on these while for the same price you get two CDJ1000s with TCCD and get the same result.

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 5:30 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The support for the CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900 was released in v6.0.3 of VirtualDJ. In v6.0.4 we released an update to the CDJ-900 mapping.

Both units are fully supported to the lengths that the HID support is possible for these units.

paulheu wrote :
I'd be surprised if they are available in the next four months.

And as usual Mr Heu, nothing positive to contribute on our forums. Your information is false and has no foundation or fact to what you are saying.

paulheu wrote :
But who would spend serious cash on these while for the same price you get two CDJ1000s with TCCD and get the same result.

Again, a false statement. You do not get the same result with timecode use verses the direct access to the software by the controllers. Timecode use will only get you the Stop/Play and transport control of the track's movement. You lose on the direct access looping, direct track searching, hot cues, Track Information on the displays, etc.

And yes, I have used both and have both ... so there is validity to my statements.

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 5:39 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
paulheu wrote :

Sorry man ...You don't know what are you talking about !
using Cdj1000 with TCCD you can control only 10% against 100% with full HID (& you don't need to use any soundcard )

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 6:06 pm
Well, we will see. And I love the fact you guys have decided to start a bash party here. Guess you could just ask me to leave if you prefer to keep your forum nice and full of bobbleheads . And I even sold VDJ to some clubs where they wanted a decent karaoke system because I think it's a viable and stable system.. how silly of me...

And yes, I think spending $4000 on a set of HID controllers is crazy.

It's been fun people, have a nice life in your pink bubble. Guess you just sold another video plugin for SSL..

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 6:30 pm
Man-Tk wrote :
(& you don't need to use any soundcard )

Thanks Man-Tk ... forgot that one KEY point :)

Yes, you can use the CDJs output as the soundcards as well.

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 6:31 pm

paulheu wrote :
Well, we will see. And I love the fact you guys have decided to start a bash party here.

Not really, considering you didn't get the message last time you posted and again it was just to bash and post a negative comment towards the use of VirtualDJ.

paulheu wrote :

Well that would have been a more honest answer for your first post than the one you gave.

paulheu wrote :
Guess you just sold another video plugin for SSL..

LOL ... yeah good thing it was a worthy sale towards a worthy software ....

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 6:36 pm
I should have my CDJ-900's on tuesday...

I went with them over the 2000's, A: because I'll pretty much never use a CD, and B: I like the loop buttons over the Hot cue buttons.

I'll have a full report as soon as I get em!

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 7:18 pm
I have a few things to say about pioneer coming from a CDJ 1000mk3 owner. They respond very fast and mixing is excellent. I bought a Denon 3700 because im always itching for a scratch.. LOL anyway, the responce feels different when you are blending. The pioneers blend better. The new decks with Midi, forget out it.

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 7:48 pm
cstoll wrote :

paulheu wrote :
Well, we will see. And I love the fact you guys have decided to start a bash party here.

Not really, considering you didn't get the message last time you posted and again it was just to bash and post a negative comment towards the use of VirtualDJ.

paulheu wrote :

Well that would have been a more honest answer for your first post than the one you gave.

paulheu wrote :
Guess you just sold another video plugin for SSL..

LOL ... yeah good thing it was a worthy sale towards a worthy software ....

Well, with the censoring of the posts you can put that spin on it easily now can you. IMO they are not negative towards the use of VDJ, just towards the use of VDJ with TCV which IMO is not as good as it could be and certainly not as good as some of the other products available. Not really an issue though as the main focus is with MIDI/HID controllers anyway. Seeing as how you now have more or less adopted a main competitors system in supporting SSL TCV kinda proves that point.

The thing is many folks here wanna make their perfectly fine copy of VDJ talk and dance and sing like it's Serato, which it isn't. If you want Serato buy it and use it, if you want VDJ with all it's nice and shiny features and possibilities use it.

Sofar I have been with VDJ because I did not want to have to basically run two apps to use video and VDJ is certainly good and stable enough to gig video with. And it's great for karaoke for which purpose I have told people to get VDJ more then once...

But anytime I just try and put my views and ideas out you xxxx star inner circle types feel threatened enough to censor/delete my posts, then twist what you think you deleted into what you think you read or felt the need to read into it. The fact I run with a competitor product is also something people feel the need to bring up, even posts outright misinformation and lies on that topic..

And I do believe two CDJ1000s with TCCD is a better and more cost effective solution then two CDJ2000s as HID controllers. I can even add a top range audio interface and still come out cheaper.

But enough of this, it will most likely not survive an hour at best. Time to move on I guess so best to all and be safe..

EOL

Inviato Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 8:08 pm
paulheu wrote :
But anytime I just try and put my views and ideas out you xxxx star inner circle types feel threatened enough to censor/delete my posts, then twist what you think you deleted into what you think you read or felt the need to read into it. The fact I run with a competitor product is also something people feel the need to bring up, even posts outright misinformation and lies on that topic

Quit being such a crybaby! The only reason you get "bashed" has nothing to do with you critizing Virtual DJ, the "four-plus-star conspiracy" or the fact you also use a competing product - it's because most of the time you don't have the slightest clue of what you're talking about. Your comments on this thread are a prime example.

Steve Lynch wrote :
I went with them over the 2000's, A: because I'll pretty much never use a CD, and B: I like the loop buttons over the Hot cue buttons.

My thoughts exactly! As much as I like the color display on CDJ-2000, I'd still go for CDJ-900. I fail to understand what Pioneer is thinking, why on earth would the hot cues be more usefull to a pro DJ than loop buttons?

Caliente123 wrote :
The new decks with Midi, forget out it.

First of all, CDJ-2000/900 are HID-controllers, not (just) MIDI. There is a big difference.

From a technical perspective HID-controllers are far superior than timecode in terms of sending control signals to the software. HID-device sends a direct digital signal (just like a USB-mouse, for example), but with timecode you have to do a latency- and CPU-resource consuming analog-->digital signal conversion.

I'm pretty sure you have never even touched these decks, so don't knock 'em 'till you try 'em ;)

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 2:44 am
Hmm,

Didn't mean to start a controversy. I guess I agree with a number of points here.

They are pretty expensive for a controller, but I still want some, particularly now that I find they can be used with VDJ, the software I have been delighted to own and use for a good few years now. Sorry not to have been on the forum for a while, but have been working away with no internet connection.

I'm selling some stuff on Ebay, so might be able to get some if I clear out a load of old gear. They are in stock at a few online places in UK.

Will keep in touch.

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 7:21 am
@ Aural candy....I Don't think you understand what i wrote. No Where in my post shows me knocking down pioneer ? I owned 3 pioneer CDJ 1000mk3 so i know how good they feel. Whether if its Midi, Hid or what ever.. all im saying is that, It has a USB connection.

Since i have owned so much equipment from the cheapest to the best. I say what i know... Even though certain things may have the same features.. Everything has a different feel.

Inviato Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 6:50 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
@ Aural candy....I Don't think you understand what i wrote. No Where in my post shows me knocking down pioneer ? I owned 3 pioneer CDJ 1000mk3 so i know how good they feel. Whether if its Midi, Hid or what ever.. all im saying is that, It has a USB connection.

I understood you just fine...well, at least within the limits your post can be understood by anyone, for that matter.

I do understand you're not knocking Pioneer as a brand. I think I was clearly referring specificly to CDJ-2000 when I said "don't knock it 'till you try it".

In your previous post you said your problem with CDJ-2000 is the fact that it has MIDI. You did not mention anything about USB-connection...and what exactly is your problem with MIDI/HID or USB? And when you say "USB", are you referring the ability to play music from USB-media or the USB-connectivity to the computer?

If you want people to understand you, try to be more specific. We're not mind readers here.

Inviato Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 5:18 am
Never mind.... OK

Inviato Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 3:36 pm
Caliente123 wrote :
Never mind.... OK

I know exactly what you mean Caliente, I can tell you have alot of experience with various equipment you purchased in display set up pics. Even though the pioneers may be HID, at the end of the day it's how well it feels and responds while controling the software. One good way to find out though is for someone receiving their own ASAP post a youtube video and the experts judge it.

Inviato Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 4:40 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I got my pair yesterday :-)

Inviato Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 12:12 am
cstoll (Or anybody else who has played with the decks using VDJ) I have a question for you in regards to the new pioneer CDJs

I got to demo them yesterday at a Denon/Pioneer seminar hosted by PSSL last night. It basically just felt like a CDJ-1000 but with MIDI (Wow, it only took them how many years to do midi on their flagship decks? It should have been done years ago if you ask me). I wasn't very impressed with their rekordbox software and I did notice support for the new CDJs in VDJ was ready since the last update. I tried to get them to let me hookup my laptop with VDJ to them but they wouldn't budge lol.
I would just like to know besides having the buttons mapped to VDJ is there any other advantages on these new pioneer decks? I was mostly wondering if VDJ waveforms and cue point notes would be displayed on the screen of the CDJ2000, I think that would be pretty cool and it would be enough to get me to buy the new CDJ2000s but if its only the buttons that are mapped to VDJ then I would just rather keep my Denon DN-S3700s since I personally never liked the way pioneers jog wheels feel so plastic-ish.

Inviato Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 2:35 pm
From the 'Display' perspective ... you will not gain anymore information if you compare it to the 3700.

From the hardware perspective (buttons, knobs, etc) the only real difference is the platters (3700 - spinning / 2000 - traditional CDJ).

From the technology side - the S3700 are MIDI and the CDJ2000 is HID.

From the form factor - it's preference - I like the CDJ size, but understand why the S3700 is taller because of the platter assembly.

There are a lot of similarities - Both have ASIO soundcards, Hot Cue point access (x3), 3 modes of operation - CD / USB / PC (MIDI vs HID), Loop IN/OUT/RELOOP, etc.

And, then there are little items that make the two unique to their respective brands.

Personally the clear difference will be the OLD Ford vs Chevy argument used with cars here in the U.S. - those who like Denon will buy Denon, those that like Pioneer will buy Pioneer ... but from an honest 'user' perspective you don't gain anything that sets one solely apart from the other on why one is a MUST HAVE!! over the other.

Inviato Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 3:06 pm
Cool, thanks for the answer. I was just wondering about the display info since the CDJ2000s have that new big color display.

Inviato Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 4:36 pm
83%