Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can I Re-map buttons on the Numark DMC2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

GT42RHome userMember since 2008
So my question is pretty simple;

I have a Numark DMC2 hooked up to VDJ, and there is a few buttons I NEVER use, such as, "AUTOMIX" button in the center of the DMC2 unit.

Is there an easy and simple way to access the DMC2 configuration in order to alter what function is bound to what buttons?

I would really like to be able to re-bind something like the AUTOMIX button to one of the KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS selected binds.

Is this at all possible?

Any input is appreciated.

Inviato Mon 11 Jan 10 @ 10:34 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yes

You can go to the mappers dropdown in config, select the DMC2 mapper and change the text as you like to re map the buttons.

Daz

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 8:56 am
Hi Daz.

Thanks for your response!

Can you please clarify your instructions. I am using VDJ5.0 btw

I went to config, but I cannot find the "mappers dropdown" you described, what TAB is it under?

I went to config > remote control > DMC2. I can right click it, but no CONFIG option shows.

Thank you for your help

EDIT: I realized that the MAPPERS tab is available for VDJ6 and newer.

I 've upgraded my VDJ and now able to remap controls. Thank you!

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:18 pm
Your showing up as a 'no licence' user.. so most of us assume your using the demo..
how VDJ 'maps' the DMC2 is lot different between versions.

Did you get the DMC2 used?

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:49 pm
Hi,

Yes DMC2 was used. VDJ5 demo version.

Is there any way to adjust the mapper in this particular version?

Inviato Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 12:23 pm
The DMC2 came with the LE version of VDJ.. (not a demo as it never expired) though it was restricted in some ways it did allow you to use the controller..

Pro users (I dont know about the limited users) were allowed to download an 'improved' version of the mapper..

With 6.0 came the ability to completely customize all aspects of any mapper by the user themselves..

My advice? look at purchasing VDJ Pro.. Sadly the Serial Key that came with DMC2 has probably already been registered, otherwise you could have gotten 'Pro' at a discount..

Inviato Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 12:48 pm
No, v5 does not have the option to easily adjust mappings.

Mappings can be customised in v5 Pro via a custom DLL mapper, but this is mostly fixed and cannot be customised to suit your own exact preferences (Unless you have C++ programming skills and write your own.) DLL mappers are now obsolete and replaced with VDJscript in v6 (See below.)

In VirtualDJ v6 you can easily customise the mappings to suit your own preferences using VDJscript http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html - No complex programming is required.

Please try the latest v6.0.6 trial http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html - If you have the CueLE that comes with the DMC-2, then you can upgrade from this to Pro v6 at a discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and entering the serial number in the box provided (Assuming it's not second hand and and/or the discount has not already been used.)

Inviato Thu 14 Jan 10 @ 12:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)