Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Broadcasting problems from pc

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

having some right trouble with this. been through all the steps and guides on how to do this. I start recording, open my web browser type in the address that i get at the bottom of virtual dj and i get a dialog box open up saying either open or save as. and thats it. nothing else happens then :s confused, can anyone help please? cheers dan

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:31 pm
Yea you press open or save as.. its going to come as a file.

After the file downloads and opens with windows media player, you can hear your streaming there.

Tell me if you need any more help.

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:40 pm
yeh i click on the open file and it seems to just be stuck on downloading file, nothing happens after that. i dont get windows media player opening i no that much, could be a problem with the encoder, i downloaded the lame dll and saved it into my music folder, maybe that was wrong.

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:44 pm
yea man try that and tell me how it goes. im gunna try it myself.. maybe if I can get it working again ill show you how i did it.

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:45 pm
i still get nothing, just got the dialog box open saying downloadin folder, still no windows media player open

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:52 pm
Alright stay tuned im gunna try it out for myself ill tell you what i get.

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 3:54 pm
Man.. I'm getting problems myself!! I used it before once.. like a couple years ago. But now I have a radio station at listen2myradio.com and now I dont need that.

You should try it if you want to broadcast to other people.. for now. Maybe someone will come and help US out.

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:10 pm
any luck

Inviato Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 4:10 pm
DJCajunPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Here's what i do:

In the config options you have 2 ways to broadcast - as an ogg or as an mp3. I use mp3 and select the quality - depending on your bandwidth of your internet connection you can variate this - the lower the bitrate - the more listeners can listen without it breaking up on them.

Now - the most important thing is - if you are using a router - you have to make sure your ports are forwarded thru the firewall for it to get "outside" your router.

From that point - any pc - you should be able to type in the address exactly as it appears - ie, http://123.345.789.234/Virtualdj.mp3 - the user that types that in will get the OPEN or SAVE prompt - if they select OPEN then the default application they use to listen to MP3's should open and it will take a couple of seconds to buffer but then is should start playing.

I usually tell my friends that want to listen to use WINAMP - in there in the pulldown menu's there is an option to OPEN LOCATION - they type that address and and good to go.

Inviato Fri 15 Jan 10 @ 5:38 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)