Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDM4000 and Timecode

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djsbukHome userMember since 2010
Hi,

new to the forum,

i have a DDM4000 mixer, and i was wondering would i be able to use timecoded cd's and vinyl if i just hook the mixer up to the PC using a midi interface? or would i need to use something like the maya44?

if i can just use the mixer, does somebody wanna point me in the right direction?

im using max osx.. snow leopard

cheers

bill

Inviato Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 4:22 pm
You can use the MIDI to control the software, but it does not control the audio. Unless your computer has a 5.1 or better sound card built in, you will need something 2-in, 2-out (similar to the Maya).

I'm sure others around here will correct me if I am wrong.

Inviato Fri 12 Feb 10 @ 6:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No; you are correct - the DDM4000 has no built in soundcard and as such you will still need one the same as if you did not have the DDM.

Inviato Sat 13 Feb 10 @ 1:29 pm
To do timecode, you will need an external card designed for this such as Hercules DJ Trim, Native Instruments 4 DJ or ESI Maya44 USB.

A 5.1 card is not suitable for timecode because it will only usually have one input (Two are required, one for each deck) and may not be ASIO capable.

Inviato Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 2:35 pm
Thanks jpboggis....I knew something I said wasn't quite accurate. Thanks for the clarification!!!

Inviato Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 10:28 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)