Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gigaport AG Config

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

PMDJ JTHome userMember since 2010
Hello All. I’m one step closer to taking VDJ on a live test drive this weekend. I have it installed, the DAC-2 running ( still need to re-map some stuff but the basics work for now ), the problem…how to configure my Gigaport AG into multi-channel mode? After playing around with it here’s the only way I get it to play in multi mode. It just seemed odd that I’m using what looks like settings for an internal card.

Input = NONE
Output=External Mixer Pull down tab next to it shows slected option … Left deck : Front output / Right deck Rear output
Sound Card=4.1 Card Pull down tab next to it shows selected option … GigaPort AG

Is this correct?? If not what should they be. FYI..I DO NOT have any ASIO drivers installed for the Gigaport as my current PCDJ config does'nt require them.

Inviato Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 9:20 am
The settings you have posted look correct. If you are getting sound out of it separately for the two decks then there's nothing else you need to do.

NOTE: ASIO is capable of giving much lower latency sound (Faster response to what you are doing on the controller), but this is only important if you scratch (The DAC-2 is not well suited to this purpose because it does not have touch sensitive jogwheels.)

Inviato Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 12:29 pm
PMDJ JTHome userMember since 2010
jp...thanks for confirming the settings and for answering some of my other posts. Yes, I'm getting sound through the Gigaport with deck 1 playing through on ch 1/2 and deck 2 playing through on ch 5/6. Everything seems balanced. The last big test is to run it live this weekend before making the purchase. I'm still concerened as to whether or not my laptops are capable of running the program smoothly. I posted a question with the specs but unfortunatly not too many offered opinions. I'll have to wait and see! Feel free to share any tweaks or settings for running in an only audio mode that might help get things closer to "gig" ready. Thanks!

Inviato Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 9:02 pm
If your laptops are of the recommend specification (Or preferably better) on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/index.html then you should be OK.

The best thing to do is try it and see - Play with the trial at home for a few hours and act as though you were at a gig.

Also, when at a gig, always have some sort of backup ready to go, regardless of what software and hardware you are using.

Inviato Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 12:40 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)