Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Effects on mixer or VDJ?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I want to know what is opinion of you guys who use TCVs or TCCDs. What is better - use effects in VDJ or effects on mixer like pioneer or denon?
My friend wants to buy mixer, but he doesn't know which one. With effects or it's better to use effects on VDJ.

Dj Nikki

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:00 pm
If you look the prices you can see some differences. But I have to say that professionals don't need effect on mixer. Better try to focus on level's and crossfader's kvality. I don't think that effect is the right thing to decide by. But it's just only my opinion. I don't say that effect is a bad thing to have but all effects you need are in your VirtualDJ.

C ya !

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:22 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TCV is better than TCCD ..is more professional to use a turntable .
FXs ??? don't buy a mixer for FXs . I have Pionner djm600 and never use fxs.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:44 pm
I bought TCVs for him. He is going to mix on turntables. So effects are actually useless because you have them on VDJ?

any other's comments?

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:59 pm
In my opinion, with vdj, you have the main effects you can find on most turntable. And now, you find new effects for vdj that you can not find anywhere else.

But, I bought one with effects just for voice transformation. Because with vdj, you can not do it.

My turntable is the DMX06 (Numark). But effects for voice are a little bit.... ballshit.

Pioneer is the best.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 6:18 pm
I was thinking to suggest him this mixer which you have. But if you say it has not very good effects.....
Pioneer are very expensive.

What about Denon DN-X300 which doesn't have effects?

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 6:28 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Like Man-Tk i never use the effects in the Pioneer mixers, i dont like them, but when i play in a club with an A&H Xone 62 mixer i use the filters.
So it depends the cash you want to pay, the style you play and your creativity.
In any case hardware is better to control (using knobs instead of using a mouse)

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 6:32 pm
max 300€. So only numark 06 is with effects i think for this price.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 6:33 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 6:54 pm
I own a Pioneer DJM-909 mixer (yes its very expensive) I like the effects on this mixer since its just a finger touch away in order to activate it and I find I have a better control and quicker activation then going into the VDJ panel and selecting my effect and then activating it.

Its really a personal decision as well as what you really want to do. I sometimes put on a regular vinyl so I can still use the effects on my mixer as opposed to VDJ cannot add any effects since its not controlling the sound.

VDJ has a great list of effects already which is great although it all comes down to how much you want to pay for it all??? I would recommend starting with a mixer without effects and just use the VDJ effects for now and later on if he is looking into upgrading to something better then to make sure he has all the right experience with VDJ and TCVs.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 7:18 pm
kilerbHome userMember since 2005
What's a good solid mixer without effects for the money?

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 7:35 pm
he has some practice with vinyls and cds. and max 300€ for mixer. So for this price it is not possible to get mixer with good effects?
He will buy denon x300 if it is so.

Dj Nikki

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 7:55 pm
I tested the pioneer djm909.
Yes it is very expensive, but you can make very crazy effects with it.

You can test the behringer DJX 700 (about 200 euros). It looks like pioneer DJM500 or DJM 600.
But it lools like only.

With this Behringer, you have 47 effects on preset. But you can modify nothing: there is no parameter.
Try it.

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 10:17 pm
I know that pioneer 909 is very good mixer. But he won't spend more than 300€ on it. So for that price he couldn't got mixer with good effects?

I know what behringer is. I was looking denon dn-x300. It is very good mixer but without effects. I own this mixer, but i taught he would need effects. So there is no product with good effects for 300€?

Dj Nikki

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 10:57 pm
PANOSVPRO InfinityMember since 2007
check out for stand alone effect generator..like behringer tweakalizer (very good) and one gemini model (but i cannot remember code) which is quite decent.
Avoid buying behringer djx 700, i bought it and straight forward sold it after 2 days...
its effects part sucks! As someone else said, only pioneer look -alike!

Inviato Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 11:35 pm
Thank you guys!
I believe he will buy denon x300 like me. Great mixer!

Dj Nikki

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 9:18 am
kilerbHome userMember since 2005
What does it do over the Numark DXM03 for $100 extra? Features or quality difference? Or both! :)

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 9:10 pm
I don't know numark mixers, but i think that for more money you got both ;) Ok somewhere you pay for trademark too (like technics).

Dj Nikki

Inviato Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 10:49 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)