Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1x Denon DN S1200 and Virtual DJ pro

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello, this should be a simple solution/answer. I am trying to hook up one denon dns 1200 to my laptop which is running virtual DJ pro 6.
I am using an external 2 channel mixer and want to be able to cross fade between the two virtual decks using my external mixer.

Is this possible using only one denon dn s1200? or do I need two? Under configuration, I have input set to none, output set to external mixer and soundcard set to denon dj asio soundcard. I keep getting "error in the ASIO sound driver, not enough channels".

thanks

Inviato Mon 20 Sep 10 @ 10:04 pm
To use an external mixer you will need a DJ sound card with at least two stereo outputs, such as Numark DJIO, Native Instuments Audio 2 DJ, etc. or two DN-S1200's.

One DN-S1200 only has 1 stereo output for 1 deck.

Inviato Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 7:52 am
Hello, Thank you for your response. Since I now need another unit/soundcard, I am wondering if this will work. If I purchase a xone 2d (with built in soundcard) will this allow me to use one denon dn s1200 to controll both virtual decks? Also, with this setup would I be able to use loops effects etc with the 2D?

Inviato Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 2:34 pm
It would be better to get a second DN-S1200 so that you have two identical players for left and right decks. This will also give you the required two stereo channels for use with an external DJ mixer.

The Xone 2D is not currently supported by VirtualDJ, so you would need to map it yourself. However, the sound card built into it would give you the required outputs. You would be able to use loop and effects from the 2D if you map buttons to the appropriate functions in VirtualDJ.

Inviato Tue 21 Sep 10 @ 4:40 pm
ziordjPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello, i have two denon dns 1200 and they work well with, virtual 6.1 but with the new version they have some problems with the midi, about your question of use only one denon dns 1200, try configuring the sound setup with, external mixer and one sound card and choose the denon 1200, remember to select deck 1 to right chanel and deck 2 to left channel, if doesnt work, use always external mixer and choose two sound cards, choose one as denon 1200 and then the primary control of your computer as secondo sound card, remember change deck when your are mixing with the denon dns 1200 with the eject disck button,

Inviato Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 9:00 am
They should work OK in the latest VirtualDJ v7.0.1

Inviato Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 5:11 am
Hello everyone! i have two denon dn s1200 decks hooked up to my laptop with virtual dj pro 7, thing is i got each deck to play left and right through my mixer fine, but my problem is , one one deck shows the title and artist in the display , but when i play a normal cd or a usb stick it displays fine, is there something i am doing wrong? please can anyone help me.

Inviato Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 9:07 am
Please register your Pro serial number to your account http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the latest version from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you have not purchased VirtualDJ Pro then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Especially if you are working DJ and are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

Make sure that both DN-S1200's are set to the default MIDI channel 1. If you have changed the MIDI channel of the second player to 2 then this will be why it's not working. The MIDI channel does not need to be altered to use two DN-S1200's with VirtualDJ.

Another possibility is you are using a really old and out-of-date version of the software that doesn't correctly support using more than DN-S1200.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-S1200.html

Inviato Tue 18 Feb 14 @ 9:51 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)