Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Beatmatching by ear

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I just got a Hercules RMX and bought Virtual DJ Pro along with it. I really enjoy mixing trance music (130-140 BPM) with the RMX, however, I would like to learn how to beatmatch my music by ear and stop using VDJ's sync function. I've gone through many tutorials and watched a few videos on YouTube as well. When I am trying to cue up my 2nd track and beatmatch it to the one that's currently playing, I can't seem to get the two tracks properly beatmatched. I've tried using the pitch fader as well as the jog wheel; even if I get close and things sound good, eventually one track slips out of beat. I know the process takes practice but I think something is amiss. Upon doing research, I found that due to the 7-bit midi interface used in the RMX, only a limited number of steps are available for the pitch fader, making it VERY hard to perform a proper beatmatch by ear.

Has anyone successfully been able to beatmatch by ear with the Hercules RMX? I'm pretty frustrated.. If money weren't an issue I'd return the RMX and buy some decent decks.

Inviato Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 4:58 pm
I do it myself sometimes because RMX and VDJ doesn't always do it perfectly.

Inviato Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 4:52 pm

Inviato Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 6:20 pm
IMO the main reason you have problems getting the beats to match manually is because the sliders on your RMX, like all budget controllers, do not have alot of space to move the sliders up and down and this adversely affects the sensitivity of the sliders. I would suggest getting as close a beat match as possible manually then fine tune it on your laptop/computer.

Inviato Thu 13 Jan 11 @ 11:14 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)