Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: keylock question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have the numark mixtrack pro and in between the mixer and tables i guess you could say i have buttons to turn on and off keylock. My questions is should i leave this feature on or off when mixing, I know somewhat of what is does but not to the full extint as im still new and learning. I generally just attempt to mix electronic genres dubstep, trance, etc, etc...

Thanks for any and all help on the subject in advance.

Inviato Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 12:53 am
key lock does exactly what it is called, It locks the key of the track at pitch 0 so you can change the tempo of a track without affecting the sound of the track as it will come out as it was produced, back when dj's only used turntables you didn't have this option so it was relatively limited in what you could play tempo wise without sounding like a chipmunk, if you have a powerful enough computer you can just set keylock and mix anything 6-8 bpm higher of lower without changing the pitch, if you go higher than that I notice a bit of a grainy sound, but its probably because my computer is relatively slow, however if I an mixing an acapella 30 or so bpm faster or slower I just use the key adjust knob as this doesn't seem to be as cpu intensive.

Inviato Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 10:04 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)