Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 6

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

C'mon guys, think about this .....

VDJ is the only software I have paid for (Windows & Mac) that gives free upgrades, and there's been quite a few in the time I've been here since buying version 5.

Some software vendors charge up to 80% of the new cost for an upgrade, and VDJ gives EVERY new release for free. My previous DJ software supplier (Alcatech) even charges 169 euros to upgrade to a version that works past XP!

Being on the dev forum, I can tell you it has taken quite a lot of time to get this app put together and approved by Apple, things aren't as simple as it seems on the outside.

My take is that the iphone app is not a core part of VDJ, and I personally think such a small charge is entirely justified for the level of work put in if you want to have the benefit of such an innovative feature. Also remember this is the first release and new ideas will be added in due course as the app is developed.

There are other ways of doing a similar thing for free, but the ease of how this app works for the price of a takeaway meal makes it a no brainer!

Keith

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:04 am
Keith you can't please em all. No matter what VDJ decides to do there will still be those are NEVER gonna be satisfied, could give you a few examples of PRO users who just bitch about how VDJ doesn't do this or that, just a bunch of babies. I mean look at me, I cryin for an Android app, lmao!! You've been around longer then so I know you know what im talkin about ;-)

Just my thoughts
Huey

PS. Got my sons Touch and it is a great app, but I did break out into a rash, im allergic to anything that starts with "I", lol!!

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:34 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
im allergic to anything that starts with "I", lol!!

So was I until last year, now I've got a MacPro, Macbook Pro, ipod touch & ipad.

Phone ways I'm on android, sooooo much better than the way Apple have crippled their iphone with restrictions.

People think I'm sick running XP on a Macbook Pro, but each to their own I suppose, it's just that I prefer the windows version of VDJ and a lot of the programs I use to work with MP3's are windows only :)

Keith

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 7:19 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
just a bunch of babies.

I really do hope you're not referring to me....

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 8:47 am
DwightPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I love it so far. Will there be a net search added to this app?

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 9:01 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Bitchin about $10.00 for a tool that can help you do your job????? With free upgrades for life with VDJ, what's the problem?? If you don't need the app then why purchase it and then cry about it?? Obviously you don't pay attention to the forums. Stay home in your bedroom where you think you're the best dj in the world and cry yourself to sleep. Some people man!!! (...generally speaking...)

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 9:07 am
@ DJ Format...excellent skin...one of the best so far...

@ 8-Bitace...I'm sorry, I'm intrigued that you are bitching about having what amounts to a usuable party DJ solution (software and controller) for £5.99? In the whole time I've DJ'd, I can think of nothing else that I've spent so little on as the iPhone/iPad/iPod app - and if you bought a device specially for the app, then the cost of the Pro version should not involve any more thought than going through the purchasing process.

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 9:11 am
DJ Koz wrote :
Bitchin about $10.00 for a tool that can help you do your job????? With free upgrades for life with VDJ, what's the problem?? If you don't need the app then why purchase it and then cry about it?? Obviously you don't pay attention to the forums. Stay home in your bedroom where you think you're the best dj in the world and cry yourself to sleep. Some people man!!! (...generally speaking...)

hahahahahahaha

Can I nominate this for comment of the year?

Dude, you're my hero for today. LMAO

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 4:19 pm
when I access the samples, I only get 1-4 , how do I scroll to the rest?

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 4:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Before you all get excited about the droid version, I would like to point out that as it stands now it is nowhere near as good as Atomix's Apple software I'm afraid.

For example I've not even looked at skinning capability as yet.

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 8:02 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Haha. Thanks Ticoindamix. Some people just don't make sense. It's very annoying.

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 9:44 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Before you all get excited about the droid version, I would like to point out that as it stands now it is nowhere near as good as Atomix's Apple software I'm afraid.

For example I've not even looked at skinning capability as yet.

Its all good buddy!! Cant wait till you drop it!!

Keep up the great work!
Huey

Inviato Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 10:00 pm
This all sounds great but what about us Android users?

Nik

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 12:11 am
"If anyone else is having problems like I was installing skins for the iphone, you need to make sure that there is a folder called iPhone in the VDJ skins folder or they wont install properly.
Mine didnt have the folder and I had to create it myself"

He knows what he's talking about...That's the solution to the problem of uploading skins on iPhone...

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 12:26 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I have updated the skin V1.1 to add these new features. To access these new features at the bottom of the deck screen there is a pitch button. press to access new deck

Updated 20/12/2010
iMix V1.1

Deck Pannel Deck 1 2 3 4
Add Pitch Slider.
Add Pitch Reset.
Add Pitch Lock.
Add Key Lock.

Browse Pannel
Add To PlayList Button.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12379/iPhone_iMix_V1_0.html

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 2:51 pm
k_onePRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice addition! I really like the skin ;)
But, I noticed a little error though.
The pitch bend buttons are reversed, so minus goes faster and plus goes slower.

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 4:05 pm
Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Koz wrote :

Check! :-)
I've been using VDJ for Years.... i totally agree.

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 4:17 pm
groovindj wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :
just a bunch of babies.

I really do hope you're not referring to me....

Dont flatter yourself bro.....................wow!

Huey

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 5:10 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So tonight I had a free be christmas party for one of the venues that recommendsme. Nothing big, just a small get-together. A perfect time for me to test out and show off the new iremote app. Again, I was 300 ft plus away and had solid wireless connection. (more to do with laptop but still).

The only thing I noticed that the app becomes a bit of a battery hog. Mainly due to the screen on the phone staying illuminated while open. I assume that if the phone locks you loose connection or something. So, if you plan on using this at gigs, you'll need to be sure to charge your phone 100% and/or have your usb cable handly to plug into the wall or computer.

A missing feature would be the search. If I could sort the folders by title, artist, or bpm, it might be ok. But for now you can only view folders by how ever they pull up by default.

Inviato Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 11:44 pm
Update now available on iTunes.

v1.0.1- fixes text display issues on first load.

Inviato Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 1:07 am
32%