Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Suggestions

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello all.

I am playing my first gig in MANY years this upcoming weekend. I will be playing in a local bar which has a dance floor and all....I am mainly goingg to be playing top 40 remizes, some mash-ups, mainstream club and see from there what the crowd reacts to. My question is since it's such a long shift, should I start out with regular music for the first hour or so and then transition into the club stuff? I have my current playlist with extras consisting of almost 7 hours of music, however I just thought of this idea and before I go and start adding more songs to it for the beginning I wanted to see what you more experienced DJ's think. The guy know I play mainly club music so it's not like he's going to be suprised by it.

Thanks

Inviato Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 4:20 pm
pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I would try and play what is normally played at the venue to start with. Most of the people that come there are there for that reason.

Even though you won't have people on the dance floor straight away you will notice people will be bopping away to what they like as they buy a drink or just in general conversation. This will give you an indication of what style of music will get them up dancing.

I used to spend hours making play lists to find when I got to the venue I would end up only using some of the play list I made making it a waste of time. My play lists now are the most popular of each genre of what I know works at most places so I can use them all the time as I do a lot of different styles of places.

Inviato Fri 18 Nov 11 @ 8:59 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)