Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Honest answer please?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

How many of you DJ's happen to of been criticized or have been criticized doing what you enjoy, DJ'ing? It's just sometimes I get some really cruel people who will say the most ignorant stuff to me about my remixes and stuff. Sometimes it makes me think, I can't give up! But the ignorance really makes me feel unhappy. This is on things such as YouTube especially when I get judged and the guy himself can't even produce decent music tracks.

I mean, is the key really off in this remix? Because if I can't hear it, in this case, I must really be tone deaf, or not have a understanding of keys in music. If so, can you please try and help me understand? Thank you. (link below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfmRtA0GoL8

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 12:29 pm
To be honest it sounds awful. Just because two tracks are the same speed doesn't mean they go together.

Keith

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 12:39 pm
You're getting there. You've matched the pitch/tempo of the acapella (vocals) and the other track.

What you need to do though is match tracks that have the same key. To help you do this. Look at the original i gotta feeling track and note down the key, then look at the rihanna track and note the key. This will help you to match similar tracks in future.

Don't give up though, practise makes perfect.

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 12:45 pm
The key is very much off. Also, when layering a vocal over an instrumental not only should they be in the same key but the melody of the vocal should jive well with the chord changes in the instrumental... which might have been the case with these two songs, except you'd have to drastically change the key on either the vocal or the instrumental to match them up.

Inviato Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 12:47 pm
Hey man! I think it was a start but you should really find the key of a songs music and match it up with vocals that start in the same key next time. because when you do that most of the keys will go together in both songs.
Also, next time you mix something like this, make sure that its on TIME as well. Honestly the vocals were not in time very well.

Good job though, well good start.

Inviato Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 2:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)