Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ and HDMI

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Whitt85ControlleristMember since 2011
Hi there,

I've been running VDJ 3 for a while as it came with the Hercules Decks I got but decided to try the new version (7.05b) to see if it is worth upgrading. On my mobile setup it works fine with the 'ASIO for all' driver but on my home machine I am getting terribly interference only on the headphone channel.

The set I have is :

Pentium I3 with 4 Gb of Ram running windows 7 64 bit.
Primary sound card in virtual Dj is HDMI output to a AV reciever
Secondary is either a external usb sound card or the internal sound card for the computer ( both exhibit the same issue)

I've checked the latentancy using DPC latency checker and I'm peaking out at 155 microseconds so no problem there. It's not a ground loop issue as I've run a groud loop isolator through my headphone channel and the interference is still there. The source of the problem appears to be running the primary as HDMI as running it through normal computer speakers is fine. Can anyone explain why? or how best to sort this problem?

I don't want to spend lots of cash on new software if this problem is going to be common, equally I don't want to spend more money on phonocables to my reciever when I have a hdmi already linking the two.

Has anyone else found this problem?

Thanks

James

Inviato Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 7:17 am
Most likely this is due to a difference in the properties of the two sound cards. I.e: One sound card is 48Khz and the other 44.1Khz, or one is ASIO capable (Low latency) and the other is not.

The optimal rate for VirtualDJ is 44.1Khz (44100), 16-bit (As used by most MP3 files and audio CD's.)

Try just using the two sound cards option in VirtualDJ:

Inputs: None
Ouputs: Headphones
Sound card: 2 cards -> Choose each sound card in the drop-down list.

Alternatively, try advanced config:

Master | Choose the HDMI sound card in the drop-down list
Headphones | Choose your computer's sound card or external sound card in the drop-down list

Inviato Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 9:33 am
aishanLE userMember since 2013
Can I just use my hdmi port for sound output instead of headphone socket on laptop

Inviato Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 9:11 am
This depends on its drivers and chipset. If it appears as an audio device in Windows then you should be able to use it for output in any application including VirtualDJ. It may only show as an audio device when an appropriate HDMI device with audio capabilities is connected.

Inviato Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 11:48 am
Im new to this but here is my question, i got the HDMI cable hooked up showing the videos ok, however when i want to work the VDJ controls it shows on the screen how do i get the VDJ to just show on my laprtop and not the video output. I dont want the screen to show me choosing songs only on the laptop screen i hope im making sense so someone can answer this please. in other words how do i get the VDJ just to show on the laptop and not the connected screens when im trying to dj

Inviato Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 11:13 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)