Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: requesting feedback on 20min chillstep mix

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

vutallPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hey all, so I just started up a couple weeks ago. Got myself set up for an online show every friday. I posted up a mix on youtube I would really like some feedback on. I think it is one of the better I have done (and out of the two I have on youtube, it is much much better than the first)

However, I am ALWAYS looking for advice and tips/tricks from others. I find that having other people listen in and give feedback can really help me catch things my own ear might not have.

Here is the track listing:

-Oh and Something's Quiet - J. Viewz

-Chamber of Secrets - Tolerance

-Cold Hands (Fracture Design Remix) - Wreckage Machinery

-Eyes Wide Open (George Lenton Remix) - Gotye

-Nostalgia - Draper

-Please Go - MitiS

And the transition times/my own breakdown:

Transition Times:

1st:

3:29 - I know I got the beat matched, but I wasn't happy with it. I did some playing around after and found if I started track two with no mids, and slowly brought down track 1's lows while bringing in track 2's mids, the transition sounded MUCH smoother and cleaner.

2nd:

6:43 - Not to terrible, again could use a bit better work on the fading out mid to mid. In the practice afterwards I got this a bit smoother. Plus eased the BPM change a little better, this one was OK, but still felt a little too fast of a change down.

3rd:

9:58 - I liked this transition a lot, but again the mids were a BIT to high on track 1. This one was interesting since there wasnt a beat during the transition. I wanted to try a melody transition and I think I did well.

4th:

13:07 - This one was just fun. I liked it a lot. Probably the second best transition. Brake out and in was really neat I thought.

5th:

16:57 - This was the best of the whole set. It almost felt cheating though since the two songs were SO similar. Only gripe here is that track two's jerk on the beat starting atound 17:08 sounds like I mess up the transition even though that's how the track's beat is.

Without further adu, I give you the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyKihwpurCs

(For sound quality, ensure you select 1080p)

Thanks again all, really appreciate the help!

Inviato Thu 14 Mar 13 @ 8:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)