Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: A New Approach to Internet Radio

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys,

I work professionally as a software developer and DJ as a hobby, so I figured I'd unite both worlds with a project I just finished: http://mixradio.fm

The website is basically a single and global radio stream, where anyone who connects will listen to that stream in real time. The website also has a nice real time chat and you can easily log in with Facebook to interact with other listeners. But where do YOU guys (myself included!), as DJs, come in?

Well, the website works in 2 modes:
1) When there is a DJ connected to it, it will stream whatever that DJ is mixing, live. This means you will get a global audience that can listen to your music just by coming in the website.
2) When there isn't a DJ connected (if you go there now this is what you'll see), automatic playlists are created based on music from ex.fm, but the cool part is that any user can search and create their own playlist to be streamed live. This means basically anyone can play their music to people.

Unlike most internet radios sites out there, MixRadio.FM has a really friendly and polished interface, as well as the real time chat and map features which bring a much more interactive feel to it, simply put: it feels nice using it. By the way, there is no money involved in any of this, I don't charge anything for it nor do I pay anyone for this, I built it up all by myself just as a fun experience.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in (as a DJ), hit me up at pedromateustavares@gmail.com, the setup is quite easy with VirtualDJ since the radio server is a SHOUTcast server.

Cheers,

Inviato Sat 06 Jul 13 @ 4:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)