Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Looking for the right speakers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey all. Been mixing a while for fun, started mixing at parties with friends. Things are going well so far, however I need some advice. I have controller I like, a decent laptop. Works great when hooked up to my friend's big ass stereo systems. What I need is my own sound equipment. after a few purchase and returns, I'm now going to ask here. I know most of you have expensive PA systems for sound. I do not yet have the budget for them, and the parties I mix at they would be over kill anyway. Right now, I am at a stage where I'm just mixing at house and apartment parties. I know there has to be something out there that is loud enough and not giant, heavy and less than $500.

Any and all advice will be much appreciated.

Inviato Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 5:13 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Inviato Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 11:54 pm
Maybe a gently used B-52 Matrix 1000 v. 2 might fit the bill i think its a 15 inch dedicated sub woofer, and two 10' tops with horns. Should pound for most house parties. I have a few of these units. that get used for small gigs from time to time still to this day but I think a new system with out cables is like 799.. assuming they are still in production. They are cheap rather durable, and impressive for the money spent..

Make sure you listen to the speakers in person expecially if buying used, and test its limits to an extent. some speakers sound great at low maginifaction but turn them up.. crap.. or even worse blown (expecially if used)

In all honesty, you probably will get a better deal on speakers and such from someone who is upgrading to something lighter. and in the mean time you can Save up and buy a better product. Or just save up and buy a better product begin with. If you take care of your equipment it will take care of you.

All the gear I have purchased over the years has paid for itself dozens upons dozens of times over.

Say if you do a gig on the cheap end for 500.00 and the speaker gear you rolled with set you back say 1400.00 well 3 gigs its paid for itself at that rate.

6 gigs its paid for itself twice. see what I am saying.

But to be on your game. I suggest reinvesting quite abit back into your rigs, music, gear for a while. until you have reached a point of either multiple rigs (back up rigs) etc. or where you have your dream sound system if their is such a thing. It will pay off in the long run. But there is so much products out there to buy.. it is crazy.

Inviato Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 1:03 am
Check out Seismic Audio they have great gear at great prices. I own 4 - 15 inch mains and 2 - 18 inch subs and they sound great.

Inviato Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 8:58 pm
mogvibePRO InfinityMember since 2011
If you haven't made a purchase yet, check out the Electro Voice ZLX-15-P (powered) speaker. I purchased two speakers plus speaker stands and speaker covers from American Music Supply for a nice monthly payment. The two speakers alone can handle up to 150 people. They have handles, a built in DSP controls to tailor the sound, and I think they have a nice sound. They accept XLR, 1/4, 1/8 (iPhone, laptops, etc) inputs. I think this is a cool speaker.

[Edited to remove unnecessary all bold text. Please don't misuse BBcode.]

Inviato Mon 13 Jan 14 @ 8:32 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)