Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: timecode jumping

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi iv just got my self some serato CV02's and iv set them up according to the user manual and it sound ok intill wen i cue the track/vinyl (rock it back n forth) it sounds as if the needle is jumpin but its not and what i can only imagine is the detecting 100% of the timecode as keeps fluctuating, now the manual says

"The second step is to make sure that VirtualDJ can interpret 100% of the timecodes.
For this, you'll need to get the second window to show four separated streams of white dots, clearly separated in two groups by the green line in the middle (cf image).
If the white dot stream sometimes cross the green line, you'll get less than 100% timecode detection.
Once you have a clear separation of the dots, the "position" indicator (upper-left digits) and timecode quality (lower-right digits) will show the correct values, and you will get a good needle-drop behavior (absolute mode)"

so how do i separate the white dot streams away from the green line if thats evan what i need to do?

thx in advance

p.s iv got them running in a hercules rmx if this matters.

Inviato Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 3:22 pm
make sure you pick the correct side of the vinyl you are using in the dropdown: A or B

I don't know how to work the debug window accept for reversing the signal stereo or phase if the track is moving backwards, they both essentially do the same thing as far as I'm aware.

I do all my config by pumping up the gain a little to make the ring bigger. I usually add a small amount of silence as it will block the lower frequencies when you tap the record that sometimes cause it to sway a little. Then once those are set I play with the left/right and phase/anti until I have as close to a perfect circle as I can get, with new needles and vinyl you should be able to get it fairly round messing with those parameters.

One thing I used to come across when I first started using VDJ a couple of years ago with an m-audio connective soundcard "which is a pretty crap soundcard" was I sometimes needed to disconnect the ground and reconnect or do the same with the cart but I usually lick the connecters for extra conductivity "not sure if that's necessary, but I have been doing it for a long time and it never hurts".

It may have been the older version 6 or the soundcard, or even my old DJM-600, but it never happens with VDJ 7, VCI-400 and Audio 8 that I use now, the tables haven't changed in that time.

Inviato Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 3:55 pm
thx for your help m8 iv tryed all that and its seems a little better but still not perfect ill just try messing around with it. thx again

Inviato Thu 26 Sep 13 @ 12:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)