Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: More info

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Folks is there a link to give me indepth info on what the crossfader can do and how to make it do it in VDFP? Also, I could use some advice on how cues work and how to use them cause I think I need them. One other thing, is there a way to clear a deck. The users manual gives the front end info of operation but I guess I need deeper info. Thanks.

Inviato Fri 18 Oct 13 @ 10:14 am
mrgrumpy1 wrote :
Folks is there a link to give me indepth info on what the crossfader can do and how to make it do it in VDFP? Also, I could use some advice on how cues work and how to use them cause I think I need them. One other thing, is there a way to clear a deck. The users manual gives the front end info of operation but I guess I need deeper info. Thanks.

There are two cross faders, audio and video. They simply transition from one deck to the other. They can also be linked together, so that when you transition the audio, the video will also transition. What is VDFP? Cue points are starting points. You do not want to start the track at the beginning, because there may be silence, or a slow part that you do not want to hear. Set the cue point to where you want to start the track. You can also set other cue points to where you want to jump to, further into the track. Each cue point will be numbered, or named. Each time you hit a cue point, it will jump to that point in the track. To clear a deck, simply put another track in the deck. There are skins with clear deck tabs, but I don't see the need. You are clearing the deck for what, to put another track in? A wasted step. You can also map a key to do this, or a switch on a controller.

Inviato Mon 21 Oct 13 @ 2:30 pm
Ok, deck 1 and 2 are both loaded, video and audio linked, decks are still, crossfader over to deck 1. I start deck 2, crossfader slides to deck 2 and plays the song. When the song ends, the crossfader just sits there. I would think the crossfader would automatically slide to and start deck 1 before the end of the song on deck 2. Futhermore, if you have the crossfader playing deck 2 and want to start deck 1 and manually cross to it, you can't. I don't quite understand it's usefullness?? VDFP=Virtual DJ Full Pro

Inviato Mon 21 Oct 13 @ 11:39 pm
You can adjust settings in the config to enable "fader start", it automaticaly starts the track on the other, non-active deck when thee playing deck comes to an end. But even with that setting, you should be able to manually adjust the crossfader too, so I don't know what's going on there on your end :).

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 6:21 am
I do not have a 'fader start' anywhere in any of the config pages. Do have a video crossfader automatic which will make the crossfader go to a deck when started, but when finished, crossfader sits there.??

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 6:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What exactly do you expect the software to do for you ? Mix in automatic mode, without you doing anything ?
That is called Automix, and you need to load files to the Playlist Window and enable the Automix from the small round icon you will see on the top-left side of that window.
You will then notice that the Automix mode (kinda like an Auto-DJ), will mix the songs from the list for you. It will use one deck, leaving you the other one free to load a song and prepare yourself by the time u decide to stop automix and start mixing.

For normal mixing (without using the Automix)...
There are 2 Crossfaders, the Audio and the video one. If you have the MIXER panel visible, then you see the audio crossfader. If you have the VIDEO panel visible, then you can see one or the other (toggle between them by clicking on the label of the crossfader)
If you enable the LINK, then moving the Audio crossfader, it will also move the Video crossfader as well, but not vice versa !

If you enable the AUTO in the same panel, then the Video crossfader will act in a smart way, trying to project on the Master Video Output the video of the playing deck. It will not affect the Audio crossfader.

I would strongly suggest to read the manual of VirtualDJ and watch a few videos available in Youtube

Inviato Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 6:21 pm
Hey thanks for mentioning Youtube. Didn't think about that.

Inviato Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 4:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)