Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Minimum laptop spec for mixing videos

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have just bought VDJ7.4 and want to experiment with video mixing. The spec says a video card with dual output; but I'm not sure what this means :-(

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 Core2 with 3gb ram, which plays audio beautifully - is this useable for video mixing?

Inviato Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 6:36 am
Most laptops are capable of "dual output". In other words, when you connect an external screen to the monitor socket of the laptop, it will be possible to display one thing on the laptop screen (in this case VDJ) and another on the external screen (the music videos).

Although it's possible to do this (laptops get used a lot for business presentations etc.) for playback of music videos it's best to have a dedicated graphics chip in the laptop, with its own RAM. Simple laptops with shared RAM may not be up to the task of providing smooth playback.

Inviato Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 7:13 am
so are we talking modern chip with seperate video card or is more recent Intel chips with integrated graphics ok?

Inviato Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 9:24 am
If you want to be sure, then dedicated graphics is the way to go......but there's no harm in trying with what you've got.

Set VDJ up with an external monitor, play a couple of videos at the same time and see what happens.

Bear in mind that there are all sorts of different ways of encoding videos (different bit rates etc) so the ability of your kit will depend on exactly what you're playing (format wise) too.

Inviato Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 10:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 11:54 am
Many thanks, I'll give it a try! :D

Inviato Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 7:46 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)