Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Music stops when I press USB with virtual DJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have 2 CDJ 850 firmware 1.12 on HID soundcard with virtual DJ. When I press USB on CDJ player not playing the musics stops, display is very very slow and I have no respond from virtual DJ I need to restart.

Config :

Toshiba AMD 4 6 GIG RAM
Windows 8.0
Virtual DJ 7.4

Thank you for your help

Inviato Tue 12 Nov 13 @ 11:47 am
That's 100% normal behaviour.

On a multi-function device that acts as a controller, audio interface, CD player, USB player etc. when you switch away from controller mode, the hardware disconnects from the computer, because the soundcard is being used by the USB flash drive or CD player.

Inviato Tue 12 Nov 13 @ 11:56 am
Thank you for your quick response Groovindj.

I'm kind of disapointed that it's not possible. I was able to do it on XDJ-R1. In my case, most of the songs I play are on USB key and I use virtual DJ for special request.

Inviato Wed 13 Nov 13 @ 11:15 am
Depending on design, some controllers are capable of and designed to keep the sound card and/or MIDI active while in USB/CD mode, which avoids this problem.

However, others are not designed to be able to do this (E.g: Due to hardware/firmware limitation), so switching sources is the equivalent of pulling out the USB cable while the software is still trying to use it.

A solution is to simply to use a separate sound card (E.g: Numark DJIO or similar) rather than the controller's built-in sound card. Then the sound card will not be affected when switching sources on the controller.

Inviato Wed 13 Nov 13 @ 11:21 am
Have you consideried playing timecode CDs from the CDJ-850s?

Inviato Wed 13 Nov 13 @ 2:23 pm
With the CDJ850 you can go from VDJ to CD with no problems, but as you pointed out you cant go from VDJ to USB as the sound card is used for USB or VDJ not both at the same time.

Inviato Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:27 am
Ah OK. Thanks for the clarification.

I guess that's mentioned in the CDJ-850 manual?

Inviato Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 6:39 am
No its not in the manual, but there was an update a while back to stop the issue of the soundcard disconnecting when selecting CD. There is more info at the Pioneer DJ forum.

Inviato Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 9:04 am
Thanks all for your help and advise!

Inviato Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 12:11 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)