Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-R1 x-fader with video problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi there,
I'm in a rush and I can't find the answer in the forum. Please forgive me if there is one in the forum.

As I want to use all the choices XDJ-R1 give to you (Pendrive, CD and MIDI) I selected XDJ-R1 Mixer mode.
I found that only the sound is driven by the X-fader and not the video. Any idea why this happen and how can I fix it?
If I change to PC mode of course is working but you cannot use any other source without restart all the system.

My gig
Samsung i7
8gb ram
2gb video NVIDIA
750gb main
2tb audio and video
Pioneer XDJ-R1 (If I can't fix this before tomorrow, I will switch back to my DENON MC6000)

Thanks in advance.

Ju@n

Inviato Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 8:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you choose to use the XDJ-R1 in Mixer Mode, then the mixer section of the unit is operating in analogue (not in MIDI), so it is not possible to control the Video mixer of the software.
If you mix videos , then either you need to use the unit in MIDI Mixer Mode or assign buttons on the deck sides as video_transition, which you need to press each time you need to crossfade the video output.

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 6:20 am
Thanks for your support djdad. I think I will trade my Pionner since I bought because the capabilities to use all sources it has at discos and parties. I was wrong about it...

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 11:31 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Look at the Mixdeck QUAD

Inviato Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 10:58 pm
mahderCUE userMember since 2008
Hi!

I got a pioneer xdj-r1. How can I set up the x-fader of the controll to drive the Virtual Dj Software' video fader?

Inviato Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 2:20 pm
Hi mahder,
To drive VIDEO fader with VDJ, you should set MIXER MODE in the XDJ to PC MODE.
To do this?
Press UTILITY button for 2 seconds
Move the SEARCH KNOB until you see MIXER MODE in the display
Press the KNOB
Move the KNOB again until you see PC MODE
Press the KNOB again

There's something you should know and is very important:

In PC MODE, will be IMPOSIBLE to manage CD and Pendrives (or external HD) without crash the VDJ.
If you set MIDI, and then want to change to USB or CD, you'll be unable to manage VDJ again until you restart VDJ.

Hope this help to you.
Bye
Ju@n

Inviato Thu 05 Dec 13 @ 7:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)