Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Volume and Head Room question

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So, when i setup my Rig at a event. I have to turn up my gain on each channel aka deck's to 3 quarters for it to be at a good level where my sound guy does not have to turn up my channel on the mixer all the way up (his mixing board not mine). Same goes for the master volume 3 quarters. My head room is at 0db and if i go into the negatives it goes lower with volume. I understand how headroom works but i do not have the option to go minus, only plus in headroom. MY question becomes. How can i get more volume without turning up my gains and master volume to 3 quaters ? I do not distort when i do this. I am crazy about quality so i would hear it.

Inviato Thu 19 Dec 13 @ 3:43 pm
Digital sound cannot exceed 0dB (The default headroom in VirtualDJ.) Trying to do so would just cause distortion (The purpose of the recently added limiter feature is to prevent this.)

If your current sound card does not provide loud enough output for you, then the only way to get a higher output level would be to upgrade to a higher-end sound card with professional level +4dB output.

Many consumer-grade devices designed/intended for home use and lower-end MIDI controllers with built-in sound cards will have a consumer level output of -10dB.

With your current sound card, it's better for any gain adjustments to be done from the external real hardware mixing board rather than trying to do this in software and cause distortion or excessive limiter 'pumping' as a result. A real hardware analogue mixer has headroom above 0dB to be able to compensate for the lower output of your device.

Inviato Fri 20 Dec 13 @ 5:23 am
Support staff wrote :
Digital sound cannot exceed 0dB (The default headroom in VirtualDJ.) Trying to do so would just cause distortion (The purpose of the recently added limiter feature is to prevent this.)

If your current sound card does not provide loud enough output for you, then the only way to get a higher output level would be to upgrade to a higher-end sound card with professional level +4dB output.

Many consumer-grade devices designed/intended for home use and lower-end MIDI controllers with built-in sound cards will have a consumer level output of -10dB.

With your current sound card, it's better for any gain adjustments to be done from the external real hardware mixing board rather than trying to do this in software and cause distortion or excessive limiter 'pumping' as a result. A real hardware analogue mixer has headroom above 0dB to be able to compensate for the lower output of your device.

Thank you !
that cleared up a lot.

Inviato Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 7:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)