Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Connecting speakers to VDJ thru mixer

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello.

I have my american audio 10MXR mixer connected to my windows 7 laptop via the USB cable. My mixer is then connected to an amp (which then connects to a speaker). My question is, can I use VDJ on my laptop and play sound thru the current setup. As far as I can see the only way for the sound to transfer to the mixer/amp and then speakers is via the USB cable. Im not sure if this is correct.

Please could someone give me some pointers on how to be able to listen to VDJ plating mp3's thru my speaker (as I will also want to connect a deck to it as well).

Thanks for any help.

Inviato Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 8:28 am
Jbryant61 wrote :
can I use VDJ on my laptop and play sound thru the current setup.

Yes you can.

This is the whole idea of a mixer like the 10MXR. It has a USB connection which allows it to be seen by your computer as an audio interface, so that VDJ can send the sound to the mixer digitally via the USB cable.

Follow the instructions in the manual to set everything up, and you should be able to play tracks in VDJ through the mixer and out to the speakers.

Inviato Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 8:54 am
And what would I choose for the VDJ options for output in the config, is it "external mixer" and then select the "ASIO " soundcard?

Thanks
Jason

Inviato Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 9:13 am
I'm surprised there's no info in the 10MXR manual about how to set it up with VDJ.

Anyway, yes that sounds right to me. As there are two USB switches on the mixer, you would set VDJ to "external mixer" so that the output from each VDJ deck goes to its own mixer channel - deck 1 to ch1 and deck 2 to ch2.

Inviato Tue 31 Dec 13 @ 9:38 am
I have a similar issue. I should be able to run out of my laptop (headphone) and split to two mono channels on my mixer, right? Everything else seems to work just fine. The deck runs thru the mixer and amp and I get good sound. I hooked up my ipod thru the laptop and that also seemed ok. When running vdj all I get is a very high,tinny sound? any suggestions for this rookie?

Inviato Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 4:06 pm
Need more info...

What version of VDJ (name and number)? What type of splitter cable? What mixer? Which mixer inputs are you using?

Contradiction: You say you get good sound, then you say it's high and tinny. which is it?

Inviato Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 4:22 pm
I am running vdj pro basic with windows 8.1. I am running a 1/8 splitter out of my laptop that splits to two separate mono line in on a peavey rq200 mixer. also running thru a Yamaha cp2000 amp. What I was trying to say is that when I run my actual cd deck (gem sound)) thru this system it works fine. I just seem to have the problem with the laptop? A few months back I had someone else run their laptop, with vdj thru this same system and it worked fine. I'm not sure if they had an earlier version? and it was not with windows 8 if you think that might make a difference? My guess is that it is either a setting in the vdj config. or on my laptop? I just cant seem to be able to find it. for my sound set up in conf. I have tried everything. I currently have it set to input-none One line out simple. I did try the split version of the line out also. The two lines out are 1/4 and run to two separate mono line ins. Thanks!

Inviato Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 6:38 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Try just another simple media player (VLC WMP etc) to check if it is a laptop issue.

Inviato Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 3:26 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Make sure your only putting out 80% volume. At 100% most internal sound cards clip and sound bad. Also, not all internal cards sound good even without clipping. So, your friends laptop may have had a better quality card.

Inviato Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 5:58 pm
thanks I will try turning volume down a bit as I am at 100%. Sorry I am not to computer savy. How do I change media servers? Would this be in the control panel? Would it make any difference if I ran from the headphone jack or the HDMI input? That was going to be my next try. Thanks!

Inviato Thu 01 May 14 @ 3:30 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The different media player mean just try playing a song that sounds bad in another program with the same equipment setup. Something like iTunes or something.

The HDMI will be a line level signal, but it may still have the potential to be overdriven also.

Inviato Thu 01 May 14 @ 6:55 pm
DJCalJHome userMember since 2014
When I connect my American Audio VMS2 to my Windows 7 Desktop VDJ 8 recognizes it and even defaults the skin but there is no sound coming from my Main output...HELP!!!

Inviato Tue 20 May 14 @ 6:09 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)