Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: House Mix Lacking Creativity!!!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So here's the deal:
I predominately mix house, trance, and techno (mostly house). I have a ton of passion for house music and Djing and have dedicated a lot of time to enhancing my DJ abilities. I match beats, keys, and phrases however I feel like my Djing has plateued doing exactly that. Majority of the time I am just trying to mix different songs until I find something that sounds good, and I'll build a setlist off of theses compatible songs. I feel that every time I try to use effects, samples, or tricks (loop roll for example) it just sounds forced or it doesn't add to the mix at all.

I love house and listen to it constantly but when I listen to other house DJs, I feel like they create so much more energy and emotion with their sets. I am really anxious to take my mixing to the next level but feel trapped right now. Any advice of how I can do this, or at least how I can use effects in a better way would be greatly appreciated!

Inviato Mon 27 Jan 14 @ 6:50 pm
Please do not post the same message multiple times.

You've already asked here and been given answers & suggestions.

Inviato Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 12:01 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)