Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: WS.Reputaion.1 Virus detected and cleaned

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello all,

I'm new to the Virtual DJ environment having just returning to the DJing world after dropping it 29 years ago to raise my family. Up until now I have been very impressed with ease I'm afforded using VirtualDJ. Today I downloaded a file named 'install_vocal_remover.exe' with the intent to add it to my effects folder. Unfortunately my virus protection program (Norton Security Suite) intercepted it as a virus threat and reported it as being infected with the VS.Reputation.1 virus.

I would expect that the VirtualDJ website would takes steps to avoid virus infected files being deposited on there servers, which does not appear to be the case.

My intent is to purchase the full professional version of this software but I'm not sure I want to invest into a product that could very well cause virus infections on my system while downloading enhancements form its own website.

I hope something can be done to avoid this type of experience going forward.

Thanks for giving this needed attention.

Inviato Thu 20 Feb 14 @ 2:16 pm
it's probably a false positive.. The effect isn't that great anyway. you can get the same or better results using a good vst equalizer.. There is no way to remove vocals from a song unless you have the normal version and the acapella and do some wave inversion in a proper audio editor like Audition/Audacity and still the result is not great most of the time. But generally if the artist releases an acapella they will release an instrumental but it is very rare to get either.

Inviato Thu 20 Feb 14 @ 2:25 pm
synthet1c wrote :
it's probably a false positive.. The effect isn't that great anyway. you can get the same or better results using a good vst equalizer.. There is no way to remove vocals from a song unless you have the normal version and the acapella and do some wave inversion in a proper audio editor like Audition/Audacity and still the result is not great most of the time. But generally if the artist releases an acapella they will release an instrumental but it is very rare to get either.

Thanks for your reply, I will contact Norton support for further analysis and validation of false positives.

Inviato Thu 20 Feb 14 @ 9:12 pm
There are no viruses in files that are made available directly from the VirtualDJ website. This is a false positive from your anti-virus software and is simply because Norton has insufficient reputation information about this particular file (Because it's not downloaded enough by Norton users.)

A reputation warning for a file that you are downloading from a well known and trusted source can be ignored in most cases. You should only be concerned if downloading a file from a potentially untrustworthy and/or not well known source or an actual named virus is found.

Please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Plugin%20virus%20false%20positive.html

Inviato Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 6:16 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)