Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer DDJ-SZ Support

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Inviato Tue 22 Apr 14 @ 6:42 pm
On the wiki page, you have your images mixed up (2 decks, 4 decks) and there is a spelling mistake:

"depending on your Operating system ans the decks you need to use"

Fixed. Thanks. [djdad]

Inviato Tue 22 Apr 14 @ 6:50 pm
Good ;-)

Inviato Wed 23 Apr 14 @ 3:30 pm
Pioneer DDJ-SZ native mapping files for version 8 have been updated.

Dont use the links above, those are for version 7.
You will need to update to build 1845.693 or higher.

Important. You will need now to switch the unit to the Serato mode. Read the manual of the unit (UTILITES mode) on how to do that.

- All Rings leds supported
Outter (4 white-blue leds) flashing when song reaches end
Inner large. Proper rotation following the rotation of the software wheel
Inner small (red), showing the loop progress
- Minor changes in the Pads mode to follow mapping consistency with DDJ-SX and other DDJ series mappings
- Trigger mode for Hotcues (same as Serato), changing from SHIFt+PRM buttons on HOTCUe mode

Side note
For those who use 4 decks, and build 1855 (not public yet), map the pitch slider as pitch 'dual'. This change will be available in the default mapping files once build 1855 becomes public.

Inviato Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 2:34 pm

Inviato Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 10:38 am
DDJ SZ sound setup with virtual DJ7 do you have to use the advance audio config or can you use the external mixer setup, if you don't need the record loopback and are only using 2 decks.

Inviato Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 12:20 pm
If you dont need the RecordLoopback, and only use 2 decks, then yes you can still use the Simple Sound Setup with External mixer and the Pioneer ASIO.

Inviato Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 2:58 pm
Thank you

Inviato Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 4:05 pm
MAVOLIOPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I wanna ask two things: since the DDJ-SZ is originally mapped for serato, is there any function that cannot be performed on virtual dj? I just went through the manual and it seems ok but wanna make sure. Also, anyone know if the jogwheel response for scratching is similar for both software when using this controller? I got my eye on this hardware and wanna identify any limitations since I'm a VDJ user. cheers !

Inviato Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:21 pm
No, there is nothing on the unit that cannot be operational. Of course each software has its own way of doing things and its own features, so there will be difference but nothing to do with the functionality of the unit.
There is no known issue or buggy behavior at the moment. The only thing that you may notice (if you take a good look at the rotation ring),is that its not that smooth as it should. But i suppose this wont impact the functionality at all.

Inviato Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 9:54 pm
portuerHome userMember since 2014
I cannot find some infos about the DDJ-SX with VDJ 8. Does anybody have a link to a thread or something (skins, etc.)?
Thanks!!

Inviato Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 7:01 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)