Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 31
ymed85PRO InfinityMember since 2020
Add playlist tracks number column (really nice to prepare perfect order track sequence)(example 100 songs, column from 1 for first track to 100 last track).

Add function to search playlist name (really nice for search a playlist from his name.

Add an alert message if the song we are adding is already in the playlist. Maybe also add a popup to choose to add or not the duplicate file.

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 11:18 am
user22312225 wrote :
Add playlist tracks number column (really nice to prepare perfect order track sequence)(example 100 songs, column from 1 for first track to 100 last track).

Add function to search playlist name (really nice for search a playlist from his name.

Add an alert message if the song we are adding is already in the playlist. Maybe also add a popup to choose to add or not the duplicate file.

+1

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 12:25 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
yes, "Add playlist tracks number column"
but not a line number as currently for karaoke !! A real track position in the playlist only modified by reordering not by sorting. An option to record current position for that :)

search playlist name can be almost done, just add m3u and m3u8 to list of known filetypes ( setting fileFormats) then quick filter by filetype starts with m3u

currently duplicate are silently ignored, yes would be fine to get them added when needed
not only with a dialog, but by script too (i.e.: a setting alwaysAddDuplicateInPlaylist always ask never)

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 12:43 pm
"yes, "Add playlist tracks number column"
but not a line number as currently for karaoke !! A real track position in the playlist only modified by reordering not by sorting. An option to record current position for that :)"

I agree

"search playlist name can be almost done, just add m3u and m3u8 to list of known filetypes ( setting fileFormats) then quick filter by filetype starts with m3u"

ok, I tried but don't work

"currently duplicate are silently ignored, yes would be fine to get them added when needed
not only with a dialog, but by script too (i.e.: a setting alwaysAddDuplicateInPlaylist always ask never)"

I agree

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 2:59 pm
yes, I forgot the base thing :
browse the playlist from browser tree, in a way the filenames to be added to database ^^

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 3:38 pm
Nicotux wrote :
yes, I forgot the base thing :
browse the playlist from browser tree, in a way the filenames to be added to database ^^

Done, I have now created a filtered folder where it just looks for m3u. The problem now is how to open this playlist directly in virtualdj.

Thanks this method is already a big step forward

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 6:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
browser_gotofolder 'filters://FILTERNAME.vdjfolder'

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 6:24 pm
just drag and drop playlist to sidelist or automix ^^ that loads the playlist

Inviato Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 7:26 pm
paaniiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
see which virtual folder or playlist holds a particular song. Or even history of when you have played a particular song. For example, someone requests a song you search for it and whilst playing you can display if the song is in a virtual folder or playlist or in history when you have played that song and what you played after or before. Other software have this feature

Inviato Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 5:24 pm
You can already search in playlist from info tab from play count, last play entries
or map a key : search_playlists

Inviato Tue 08 Jun 21 @ 5:33 pm
user22312225 wrote :

🥳🥳🥳🥳Finally the build BUILD 6525 have order column... Thanks to virtual dj team...🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Inviato Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 6:36 am
Well yes...
But totally useless in karaoke since no column sort is available anymore order can't differ
that is a simple line number duplicated column with no utility

worth, if for some reason it could differ.... it can't be used to restore order

Inviato Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 10:43 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What would you like to sort the karaoke list for?

Inviato Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 10:48 am
Always useful to temporary sort :
by singer : 'did i asked you this song'
by title : ' did someone already asked you for...'
by Artist : 'what song by ... are already asked?'
by duration... "we are late... fill xx mins and then ..
by year, by genre in a way to harmonize the rotation
and so on ;)

Inviato Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 1:24 pm
First off I wanna say thx for the latest improvements in the recent months and it just keeps getting better as it goes along... keep it up.

My only request at this time is to include a column option in the browser for the Gain(db) and if possible, also in the info tab. Everything else in the tag editor seems to be available for sorting in the browser but this and I'm guessing it's not a popular thing that ppl look at, but I do find that info helpful in adjusting my gains on tracks coming in.

Another thing I saw on a skin (blocks I think) was the gain db for a track made visible under the gain knob on the mixer and I found that to be a nice touch also.

Inviato Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 2:38 pm
Wouldn't it be easier to just set autoGain to auto?

Inviato Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 2:56 pm
I've tried that and still find there's a bit of difference on a few tracks in my library as i do hv a lot of vintage music. Some in between mixes are boosted a bit too loud or not enuf. It's perfect for modern music, but with them oldies is where i get a lil more challenges.

Inviato Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 8:08 pm
But how does showing the gain help then?
Either it's detected corrected and autogain took care, or it's not perfect for the track and the numbers will be equally wrong.

Inviato Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 9:22 am
Adion wrote :
But how does showing the gain help then?
Either it's detected corrected and autogain took care, or it's not perfect for the track and the numbers will be equally wrong.

If u mean the numbers in the gain (db), i don't think so cause the info is helpful on the older tracks. Some are -8 and lower and that's where i hear the differences.

Inviato Sun 20 Jun 21 @ 1:19 pm
Nicotux wrote :
You can already search in playlist from info tab from play count, last play entries
or map a key : search_playlists

i have a question about "search_playlists".

the results come up in a small window.
when clicking on the result,
it shows the entire Playlist in the browser window.

is there a way for making the results of "search_playlists"
- load in SidePanel ?
- or even open up in a smaller separate window ?

the reason is, when i'm in browser view,
i can see all "Compatible Songs",
but i don't want to lose this focus,
when searching for a specific song (with similar key),
in an existing playlist (grouped according to style, energy, mixes, etc.)

Inviato Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 12:38 pm
76%