Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Effects - Wishes & new features - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Lets use this thread to post any wishes and new features that you would like to see for Effects in a next major release

Inviato Thu 22 May 14 @ 9:24 pm
I'd like to see the floating undockable effects windows be resizable again, as they were in early version 8 demonstrations.

As they are now, they're really small - even on a large screen.

I would also like to see effects for the sampler. Even when the sampler out is assigned to a deck, it's not possible use deck effects on the signal. The signal should be routed pre-effects not post-effects.

Inviato Fri 23 May 14 @ 6:18 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Further to grooves point have VDJ remember the position/size of undocked gui(s)
and have the ability to switch on/off all gui's that you have put into a undocked gui save file, (probably possible with skinning actually)

Inviato Fri 23 May 14 @ 10:06 am
Delete this post I think I've found the solution

Loop roll, doesn't work as it did in V7, I can approximate it with the slicer but it's only approximate
In V8 if you turn on the effect it will loop whatever the last chosen length was, changing the loop length mean the effect is turned off when the gui button or key is released
but I've found I can recreate how it used to be with the X Y pad on the table skin

If the length buttons were also represented with a slider the length could be changed to allow the old style of loop roll whilst not changing how the new style functions

Inviato Sat 24 May 14 @ 12:25 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey Scott,
How about a plug-in that would fix only the transition plug-ins that are upside-down?

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 5:08 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Please have "echo out", loop out, cut. thx

Inviato Fri 30 May 14 @ 8:46 pm
If chosen channels could bypass the master effects, some desired post fader effects could be possible.
Or routing effects to other channels, then proper effects chaining would be possible, then 'up to 99 decks' would be actually a good claim to make.

Inviato Tue 03 Jun 14 @ 7:04 am
I'm loving the loop roll as an effect, especially 3/4, I find that often I am 1/2ing the bpm so it works as 1.5, could the scope of the length slider included that, (ideally 3 custom lengths would satisfy many wants {people wanting V7 functionality, upto 32 roll}, [I don't really get that either but each to their own]

(I am aware of loop roll mode but changing roll length screws the phase sync up)

Inviato Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 6:38 pm
dj nonePRO InfinityMember since 2005
more video + audio reactive effects
stroboscope or flash/blitz or boom with flash or rgb option
more PiP transitions
audio reactive text

Inviato Sat 14 Jun 14 @ 7:54 pm
For me, all that's missing really is having POST fader effects like echo out etc..... please VDJ Team this surely must have been requested many times......

Regrads John

Loving the new V8 though :)

Inviato Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 7:19 pm
johntankard wrote :
For me, all that's missing really is having POST fader effects like echo out etc..... please VDJ Team this surely must have been requested many times......

Regrads John

Loving the new V8 though :)

Here is a workaround: activate Echo and then cut the channel's gain completely, it will emulate a post-fader echo ;)

I'd really fancy Gates_TekZK ported on v8 and Mac OS! (You can rename it Jobs_TexZK or Cook_TexZK for the occasion, hahaha)
LoopOut would be nice too

Inviato Sat 21 Jun 14 @ 4:54 am
If the echo effect strength went up to 200% echos could rebuild from near fade out.

Inviato Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 9:49 pm
Similar to 'Auto remember -Gain" could we get Auto rember for the Filter knob? thx

Inviato Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 5:04 am
@ohsh did you try renaming the effect dll's that don't work with V8?

Inviato Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 6:39 am
locodog wrote :
@ohsh did you try renaming the effect dll's that don't work with V8?

I have not, give me an example please.

Inviato Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 4:12 pm
backspin.dll rename it to backspin1.dll V7's backspin in v8
overloop.dll rename it and that works in V8
brake.dll also works after renaming
There are more examples
Not everything will work and I suspect atomix blocked the names of pluggins that don't work PERFECTLY with V8
Backspin and brake don't auto off when the effect has finished, overloop won't work when the beatgrid effect is working, but now I know the nuances I'm happy to use these unsupported effects

So there's a chance cut.dll might work after renaming

Inviato Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 4:54 pm
thx

Inviato Tue 24 Jun 14 @ 11:43 am
Chara05Home userMember since 2014
Beat Grid Effect. I wish there is a button option in the Beat Grid effect to set it to loop back to the starting point of the effect like there was in the previous versions.

I would also like to see the active effect highlighted in the effect slot irregardless of whether it is in the selected slot. I have mapped some keys to active specific effects therefore I don't have to use the mouse the select a specific effect. This was possible in the previous versions.

Inviato Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 8:48 am
@Chara05 you're asking for an effects page, that isn't going to happen, you could set up a custom buttons to light up when the effect is on (just as you scripted your key), or you could bring up the effects gui when you turn the effect on

effect_active 'effect_name' & effect_show_gui 'effect_name'

Also the doesn't the beat grid CONT button do what you want for looping?

Inviato Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 4:01 pm

Why oh WHY didn't Atomix create all new Effects for VDJ8? I mean, the software is nice but here we are months after release and still hardly ANY good, working effects. They are all pretty much terrible.

Most of the effects just sit there doing nothing.

Inviato Sun 06 Jul 14 @ 6:40 pm
5%