Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Multiple effects in virtual dj?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I want to purchase virtual DJ but the only thing putting me off is this lack of decent effects and the fact you can only activate one effect per deck. Is there a way of getting better effects in virtual dj and also can you use more than one effect per deck? I am using a DDJ-ERGO V and on Serato I can use awesome effects like 3 at the same time on each track.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:24 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
No Problem here with V8...;-)

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 5:53 am
RobRoy wrote :
No Problem here with V8...;-)

So for example would it be possible to have those effects you have there to be set to its own knob and I can just turn each knob and it will do each of the effects. I don't want to just turn one knob and have all 3 at the same time. I want to use a seperate knob for each effect like on serato. Is that possible in v8? Also how is the filter on v8? Because on v7 it is horrible.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 6:03 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
sure you can.
With V8 Pro Infinity Version you can change the native mapping/ buttons of your controller or just map some custom buttons in the skin to activate your effects.
You have also the option to use a second midi controller in V8 like a Akai MPD18, for effects, samples and plugins only

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 6:19 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
One dial controlling 1 effect, or one dial controlling 10 effects it is entirely up to you, both are possible.

Another thing to note (That should be shouted but weirdly isn't)is VDJ will work with some VSTS
I have Glitch2, SupaTrigga, LiveCut, 10 types of delay, A couple for reverb,plenty of EQ's, gates, Many LP HP BP filters I've even got a 303 step sequencing VSTI working in VDJ

So if you think the filter default sucks nothing is stopping you from disconnecting the dial from that filter and attaching it to a 3rd party VST

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 6:28 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Outside vst's can also bring along there own crap and screw with your system, if you do go down that route try and be patient and don't download a bunch of them at the same time, check out each one individually as to whether they are adversely affecting your system or not. Over the years I have seen people overload with these effects and it takes a long time convincing them that it is those that are screwing there shows up and not VDJ.

Personally I stay well clear of them!

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 7:24 am
True 3rd party can spell problems, and careful scrutiny is required but avoiding them all together is a bit drastic, everything made by Voxengo is solid, TAL are reliable, delamancha make some great step based effects, www.rs-met.com make some stupid powerfully eq filters.

If picked at random it's probably 100:1 ratio crap to good, but it's not random there's loads of pages recommending reliable VSTs
If my 2 GB machine can manage anything can. If I were you I'd have another look things might have improved.

Inviato Thu 12 Jun 14 @ 8:18 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
locodog wrote :
True 3rd party can spell problems, .............If my 2 GB machine can manage anything can. If I were you I'd have another look things might have improved.

locodog I am intrigued with you participation on the forum so far.

QUESTION: What are some of your must have effects for Djing that will work with VDJ8? I need to try out these VSTS Glitch2, SupaTrigga, LiveCut, can you please post a link?

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 10:51 am
Glitch 2 only works a bit, you can't save patterns or load but if does some pretty good random things, supatrigger is solid it works very well with V8, Voxengo reverb and flanger are often used, sugerbytes turnado is a brilliant multi effect, (it must have 50 different effects and it has a really nice gui, find a trial)
Bionic Super delay is one of the best delays I've found, (it's quite smart how you can route the fx within the fx)
LoudMax is great for keeping the sound at high pressure on smaller rigs (thanks for the hint groovin)

Being keyboard only I don't really use the fx to the fullest (my DIY controller is a mass of breadboards and wires atm), but to recommend one FX it would be turnado it does just about everything. and does it very well
http://www.sugar-bytes.com/content/products/Turnado/index.php?lang=en

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 1:41 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
thx locodog thanks for your help, you an asset to VDJ. I voted you in hope my vote count.

Inviato Wed 20 Aug 14 @ 3:34 pm
locodog wrote :
Glitch 2 only works a bit, you can't save patterns or load but if does some pretty good random things, supatrigger is solid it works very well with V8, Voxengo reverb and flanger are often used, sugerbytes turnado is a brilliant multi effect, (it must have 50 different effects and it has a really nice gui, find a trial)
Bionic Super delay is one of the best delays I've found, (it's quite smart how you can route the fx within the fx)
LoudMax is great for keeping the sound at high pressure on smaller rigs (thanks for the hint groovin)

Being keyboard only I don't really use the fx to the fullest (my DIY controller is a mass of breadboards and wires atm), but to recommend one FX it would be turnado it does just about everything. and does it very well
http://www.sugar-bytes.com/content/products/Turnado/index.php?lang=en

Can this be easily configured to the DDJ-SX

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 12:45 am
Turnado? yeah sure, a bit mousy for saving/loading presets but every dial is mappable (well, 265 dials are mappable)
effect_slider 'turnado' 1

1-8 are the important ones
(Actually 1-8 & 10 imo, 10 being W/D, I've only farted about with the edit dials) If you want to see what else there is to map and what number it is you'll want to use a VST host to help you research
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 5:04 am
Wow im loving this Turnado, thanks for that tip! :)

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 5:08 am
It's great isn't?
especially when you slice it and complex it and add a chorus and you end up with something that sounds nothing like the track it came from. "Where did I get that awesome glitchy fidget beat from? A Frank Sinatra track."

Inviato Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 7:33 am
Hi
Can anyone help please.
I'm trying to map an apc20 to open turnado and map each slider to an effect dial.
I need something like when arm 3 is pressed the sliders switch to tornado controls

Inviato Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 4:11 pm
brian00walsh@gmail.com wrote :
Hi
Can anyone help please.
I'm trying to map an apc20 to open turnado and map each slider to an effect dial.
I need something like when arm 3 is pressed the sliders switch to tornado controls

read carefully above

Inviato Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 7:34 pm
Yes that works but what I need is for the sliders only to control the sliders when Tornado is turned on by the send button. And to control a different parameter when I have a different effect active.
I have 4 single parameter effects mapped to the first 4 sends and sliders( space knob, drive knob, attack knob and endless smile) easily mapped.
Can't figure out how to tell vdj if effect on send 5 is activared slides 1-8 control the parameters for that effect. And if the effect on send 6 is active then sliders cobtrol its parameters

Inviato Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 8:53 pm
deck 1 effect_slider 1
all the way to
deck 1 effect_slider 8

change the 1 to 2 for right deck etc

turn the effect on and off the way you always do :-)

if you leave all the knobs down when you want something to happen turn one up

Inviato Sat 24 Feb 18 @ 9:21 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)