Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Swap hard drives in the middle of a gig

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello, I have a Mac and use a controller and a external harddrive so I want to know wich is the best way to in the middle of the night swap the harddrive (since Mac has only 2 USB ports) and I have 2 hard drives, but if I try to eject the drive the OS tells me that its not possible since VDJ is using it, (even if I'm playing a song thats stored on the Mac Drive). So what can you recommend? Or do you recommend using a USB hub for the hard drives?

Kind Regards

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 14 @ 5:53 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm not sure what your set up is, however here is mine and it works perfectly:

Odyssey Glide Case:
http://www.odysseygear.com/odyssey-products/frgsdnmc36000bl/black-denon-dn-mc3000-dn-mc6000-case.html

Denon DN-MC6000MK2
Macbook Pro 13"

In the back of my Odyssey case, I mounted a power strip, and a small powered USB hub (4 ports) (using Velcro, I love Velcro!). The hub stays mounted in the case, as all of the connections. When I get to an event or a club, I simply connect my USB drives to the hub and then the hub to the Mac and BAM!

Done. :-)

There's zero latency or issues with using a decent hub. (Don't buy a $5.00 one from Monoprice... Mine is not great, but it works great... It's a Belkin or a Kensington or something.)

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 7:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)