Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ-SR efects mapping: - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

DDJ-SR effects mapping: can i fix my mapping so i use 6 effects per deck and not 3 when using 2 decks in mode 1 (effect mode).. and 2 effects per deck in mode 2 (effect mode).

My Ddj-sr has two buttons on each side (deck 1/3 and deck 2/4) .. and three buttons for effects in mode 1 on left side (deck 1/3) and three buttons for effects on the right side (deck 2/4) in mode 1.

when you change to mode 2 you have one effect on left side (deck 1/3) and one effect on right side (deck 2/4).

Since my controller has two buttons on my left side (deck 1/3) :
-(button one) to assign this three effects to Deck 1
-(button two) to assign this three effects on right side (Deck 2/4)

And

two buttons on my right side (deck 2/4) :
-button one assigns three effects to left deck 1/3
-button two asigns three effects to right deck (deck 2/4)

BUT :

WHEN I ASSIGN FOR EXAMPLE in mode 1( assigning three effects):
pressing button 1 on left deck (deck 1) this aassigns three effects to my deck 1
pressing button 2 on left deck (deck 1) assigns three effects to deck 2 (FX_assign_2)

but when pressing:
PRESSING button 1 on the right deck it assigns the same effects to deck 1 as the button 1 on the left deck (basically it just reads the three effects that are assigned to three buttons on the left deck asbeing part of the right deck, conseguently noz being able to add three more diffrent effects to slots (buttons) on the right deck, that could be used for the left deck.

thes same story is with button two on the right deck (deck 2), which assigns redundantly the three effects on the right deck to deck (2), but the
button (FX_assign_2 which is on left deck (deck 1))) that assigns three effects from the left deck (deck 1) to the right deck (deck 2), basically juszt reads the already assigned effects on the right deck (deck 2) consequentely again not being able to choose three new effects for deck 2.

this was mode 1.

In mode 2 you can control one specific effect on deck 1/3 (left deck)
and one specific effect in deck 2/4 (right deck)
but you can't add an effect used on the right side(deck 2) to the one used in the left side(deck 1) on for example the left side (deck 1). becouse once u press the fx assign buttons it happends the same asit did for the three effects explained earlier.
so..
let say:

FX_1 and Fx_2 are buttons on my Deck 1 (left side)
and FX_1 (2) and Fx_2 (2) are buttons on my deck 2(right side)
when i press the FX_1 i assign redundantly the effect active on deck 1 to my deck 1(led is on)
and when i press the FX_2 button (led on FX_1 closes and led on FX_2 is on) (the button doesnt assign the effect active on deck 1 to deck 2 but it just reads the effect active on deck 2 and therefore (not acting (being effective) on deck 1 and not assigning this effect currently on deck 1 to deck 2.
and when i press Fx_1 (2) it should assign the effect active on my right side (deck 2) to my left side (deck 1) but instead it only reads what is the current effect being active on deck 1 and also when i put effect on deck 2 on the effect puts the effect on deck 1 on (this is while my FX_1 (2) is on (led is on)).
and when i press FX_2 (2) on the FX_1 (2) led closes and FX_2(2) led opens. so when FX_2 (2) is on i redundantly use the effect currently being on deck 2 (if it is on).

So i was wndering if you could fix the mapping:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16423/Pioneer_DDJ-SR.html
so i can use 6 effects on one deck (deck 1,deck 2,deck 3 and deck 4) in mode 1. becouse now i can only use 3.
and 2 effects on one deck (deck 1 ,deck 2,deck 3 and deck 4) in mode 2. becouse now i can only use one detailed effect ?

Best wishes
Jan..
p.s. i was thinking a lot how to fix the mapping but it is a bit complicated. i will give it some ,more thoughts but it would be nice to get some help or an update on the mapping so it uses all functionality of my ddj-sr.
ty

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 3:56 pm
So, to get this right...

You want the current behavior, but if you assign both FX1 and FX2 units on a deck to be able to use slots 1-6 ?
What happens when a deck has only FX2 assigned ? Should it use slots 4-6 or 1-3 as it currently does ?

Inviato Thu 26 Mar 15 @ 6:11 pm
FX1 and FX2

the way i see it is :
if i press FX1 on the left side it should still use the saem slots as before
but if i press FX1 on the righ side it should add 3 extra slots to my left side (using the slots on my right side as a "blue print")
if i press FX1 and FX2 on my left side it (both leds should light up)
so now my three affects on my left deck (deck 1 /deck 3)
would be affecting left deck (deck1 /deck 3) (BECOUSE FX1_IS ON)
and
add 3 effects to right deck (deck 2 /deck 4)) (BECOUSE FX_2 IS ON)

and if i press FX1 on my rightside (deck 2 /deck 4 (this is done by pressing shift FX_1 AS BEFORE)

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 1:38 am
FX1 and FX2

the way i see it is :
if i press FX1 on the left side it should still use the saem slots as before
but if i press FX1 on the righT side it should add 3 extra slots to my left side (using the slots on my right side as a "blue print")
if i press FX1 and FX2 on my left side it (both leds should light up)
so now my three affects on my left deck (deck 1 /deck 3)
would be affecting left deck (deck1 /deck 3) (BECOUSE FX1_IS ON)
and
add 3 effects to right deck (deck 2 /deck 4)) (BECOUSE FX_2 IS ON)

and if i press FX1 on my rightside (deck 2 /deck 4 (this is done by pressing shift FX_1 AS BEFORE)
the slots 1, slot 2, slot 3 on my right side (deck 2) should be affecting left side (deck 1/ deck 3 )
and if i put FX2 on MY RIGHT SIDE (DECK 1) ON too it assigns this three affects on my right side (deck 2) .
If my FX1 is off on my right side (deck 2) and my FX2 is ON on my right side (deck 2) and only if it is ON the effects on my right side "slot 1", "slot 2", "slot 3" if they are on) should affect my right side (deck 2).

Judging from my thinking it would probabyl be possible to have for example on (deck 1) 12 effects on.
becouse:
if FX1 is on deck 1 (slots (1,2,3) if they are on) i have 3 effects on
plus
if also FX2 IS ON (on left deck (deck 1))
(lets say we assign slots (4,5,6) (if it cant be done in a diffrent programmable way) on deck 2,
(if the slots are all on) the effects would affect the deck 1 .
and if the affects on deck 3 would be all on (this is by pressing SHIFT FX1 = FX3 (on left side) + the effects slots (7,8,9))
would be all ON.
Now in this scenario we have on left side (deck1 ) FX1 ON, FX2 ON, and FX3 ON(but since FX3 cannot be seen as ON (unless i make it that it flashes if deck 1 and deck 3 effects are all ON (this means that the slots 1,2,3 and 7,8,9 have to be all with lights up)) but this adds another problem with deck effects on recognition (which means that if deck 1 FX1 IS ON FX1 only lights up and if i press deck 3 button the light on FX1 SHOULD DISSAPEAR since FX1 IS NOT ON on deck 3).. BUT then how would i know if deck 3 affects (slots 7,8,9) ARE ON and if ONLY THE EFFECTS ON deck 3 are on and i would like those to affect deck 1 i would press (SHIFT FX1 (and liight would flash (blink)) while my position being on deck1.

SO now THE LIGHT WOUDL FLASH IN BOTH CASES (which is not good):
wehn i am on deck 1 and i want slots 123, and 789 to be active at the same time
and when only slots 7,8,9 woudl be active (this meaning that SHIFT FX1 is making deck 3 effect (slots 7,8,9)
affect deck 1.
this means we would need another light representation.
I would make the blink faster if more effects were applied to FX1 .. so if only FX3 (which is basically (shift FX1)
WOULD BE on (LIGHT IS ON) IT WOULD BLINK..(i mean this on deck 1 (while the afects slot on deck 3 that are active would at this time affect deck1 )
but
if the FX1 and woudl be on and FX3 would be ON (SO FIRST I LIGHT ON FX1 , then i press SHIFT FX1 and "CRAP THIS WOULD NOT BE A GOOD IDEA, SINCE BY PRESING SHIFT FX1 I WOULD NOT DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THIS TWO OPTIONS ( first option by being (FX1 ON + FX3 ON AT THE SAME TIME (slots 123789 active (if those are active in the deck1 and deck3,, and only slots 789 active on deck 3)" ) becouse in both versions the light would blink....
si i remain at my original idea which is having 6 effects for one side (or two (detailed) effects for one side in mode 2)
so where was i sometimes you kinda get lost in this thinkings :)

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 3:47 am
Let me put it on again: since is the second time i am writting becouse the site is refreshing too damn fast and i cant put all my thoughts inot the freaking buffer of the webpage at the same time:
so wthis is the second time i am writting thiis to make is more understandable:
so lets say we are curetnly on the left side
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DECK 1
on DECK 1 i have two buttonS FX1_ASSIGN_1
AND FX1_ASSIGN_2

this buttons should assign the 3 effects (slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) to my left deck if only FX1_ASSIGN_x is ON
to deck 1 or to the deck 2 or to the deck 3 or to the deck 4)
case 1:
I would like that when i press(put it ON) FX1_ASSIGN_1 IT WOULD assign affects on slots 1, slot 2, slot 3 to deck 1.
(so if FX1_ASSiGN_1 it is off the slots 1,2,3 even thought they are on would not affect the music on deck 1.
case2:
if while FX1_ASSIGN_1 is ON i put ON also FX2_ASSIGN_2 it means that i would like
effects on deck 1 ((slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON) be ON and affect DECK 1, and this effects would affect the DECK 2 at the same time.
CASE 3:
if only FX1_ASSIGN_2 is ON on deck 1 then it would mean that ((slots 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON ) that are on DECK 1, would
affect DECK 2.
case 4:
if both FX1_ASSIGN_1and FX1_ASSIGN_2 are off on deck 1
then i would like the ((slots 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON), on deck 1 if ON not affect DECK 1 and ((slot 1, slot2, slot 3) if ON) on deck 1 no t affect DECK 1.
similarly with SHIFT FX1_ASSIGN_1 = FX1_ASSIGN_3
AND SHIFT FX1_ASSIGN_2 = FX1_ASSIGN_4I
i mean
WITH THE SAME RELATIONS BETWEEN FX1_ASSIGN_3 AND FX1_ASSIGN_4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so my right deck
DECK 2 would loook like this
i have 2 more buttons on my right deck called:
FX2_ASSIGN_1
FX2_ASSIGN_2
Case 1:
if only FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON (light is ON) then ((slot 4, slot 5, slot 6) if ON) on deck 2 would affect the music on deck 1
(so if i have FX2_ASSIGN_1 ON (deck 2) and FX1_ASSIGN_1 ON on deck 1 this means i would have this active slots:
((slot 4, slot 5, slot 6)if ON) since FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON and (( slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON) since FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON.
case 2:
if FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON and also FX2_ASSIGN_2 is ON then the slots (slot 5, slot, 6, slot 7) would effect DECK 1 AND DECK 2 at the same time.
case 3:
if only FX2_ASSIGN_2 is ON then the slots ((slot 5, slot 6, slot 7) if ON) would effect only DECK 2 .
case 4:
if both FX2_ASSIGN_1 AND FX2_ASSIGN_2 are OFF then the ((slot 5, slot 6, slot 7) if ON)) would not affect any DECK.

similarly with SHIFT FX2_ASSIGN_1 = FX2_ASSIGN_3
AND SHIFT FX2_ASSIGN_2 = FX2_ASSIGN_4I
i mean
WITH THE SAME RELATIONS BETWEEN FX2_ASSIGN_3 AND FX2_ASSIGN_4

This wws just for one mode.
There i s another mode where you select only one effect and you have more knobs (effect parameters to control).
I would like the mode 2 to work as up there discribed for mode 1.

i HOPE I DIDNT MAKE ANY MISTAKES this TIME..BECOUSE I THINK IN THE PREVIOUS POSTS MY MIND WASNT SO CLEAR AS IT IS NOW.
ty :)
best wishes
Jan

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 5:07 am
I MADE SOME CORRECTIONS:

originalnost wrote :
Let me put it on again: since is the second time i am writting becouse the site is refreshing too damn fast and i cant put all my thoughts inot the freaking buffer of the webpage at the same time:
so wthis is the second time i am writting thiis to make is more understandable:
so lets say we are curetnly on the left side
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DECK 1
AND FX1_ASSIGN_2

this buttons should assign the 3 effects (slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) to my left deck if only FX1_ASSIGN_x is ON
case 1:
I would like that when i press(put it ON) FX1_ASSIGN_1 IT WOULD assign affects on slots 1, slot 2, slot 3 to deck 1.
(so if FX1_ASSiGN_1 it is off the slots 1,2,3 even thought they are on would not affect the music on deck 1.
case2:
if while FX1_ASSIGN_1 is ON i put ON also FX1_ASSIGN_2 it means that i would like
effects on deck 1 ((slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON) be ON and affect DECK 1, and this effects would affect the DECK 2 at the same time.
CASE 3:
if only FX1_ASSIGN_2 is ON on deck 1 then it would mean that ((slots 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON ) that are on DECK 1, would
affect DECK 2.
case 4:
then i would like the ((slots 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON), on deck 1 if ON not affect DECK 1 and ((slot 1, slot2, slot 3) if ON) on deck 1 no t affect DECK 1.
i mean

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so my right deck
FX2_ASSIGN_1
FX2_ASSIGN_2
Case 1:
if only FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON (light is ON) then ((slot 4, slot 5, slot 6) if ON) on deck 2 would affect the music on deck 1
(so if i have FX2_ASSIGN_1 ON (deck 2) and FX1_ASSIGN_1 ON on deck 1 this means i would have this active slots:
((slot 4, slot 5, slot 6)if ON) since FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON and (( slot 1, slot 2, slot 3) if ON) since FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON.
case 2:
if FX2_ASSIGN_1 is ON and also FX2_ASSIGN_2 is ON then the slots (slot 5, slot, 6, slot 7) would effect DECK 1 AND DECK 2 at the same time.
case 3:
if only FX2_ASSIGN_2 is ON then the slots ((slot 5, slot 6, slot 7) if ON) would effect only DECK 2 .
case 4:
if both FX2_ASSIGN_1 AND FX2_ASSIGN_2 are OFF then the ((slot 5, slot 6, slot 7) if ON)) would not affect any DECK.

i mean

There i s another mode where you select only one effect and you have more knobs (effect parameters to control).

i HOPE I DIDNT MAKE ANY MISTAKES this TIME..BECOUSE I THINK IN THE PREVIOUS POSTS MY MIND WASNT SO CLEAR AS IT IS NOW.
ty :)
best wishes
Jan

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 7:26 am
Using slots 4, 5 and 6 i managed to configure my ddj-sr so that i have 6 effects on deck 1 and deck 2
YOU WILL SEE WHERE I MADE THE CHANGE FROM THE ORIGINAL WITH A (NUMBER) IN PARENTHESIS LIKE THIS (4), (5) , (6)
This is done if you make this changes you can then use 6 effects on deck 1 and 6 effects on deck 2. Be sure to initialise the slot by pressing shift effect 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..

I added down there the coding: you will see where i made the changes the rest should be pretty straight forward.
The only problem i have is that i didnt yet discoverd how would i make FX_1_assign button and FX_1_assign_ buttons light at the same time and then make it so that while the effects on my left side are used for deck 1 the same effects would be used for deck 2.(which means that both FX1_assign_1 and FX1_assign 2 would be both ON) any ideas?
THIS ONLY AFFECT DECK 1 AND DECK 2 AND ONLY IN MODE (WHERE YOU HAVE 3 EFFECTS ON EACH DECK IN ORIGINAL CODING FOR VIRTUAL DJ 7.X)

best wishes Jan
and thanks for the idea PHANTOM
coding:
FX2_1 IS THE FIRST TURN KNOB ON MY RIGHT DECK

FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ?

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1(4) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1(4) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 1 : deck right effect 1(4) slider 1
:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 1 : deck right effect slider 1

THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS CHANGED (FX2_2 (SECOND TURN KNOB ON DECK 2), FX2_3 (THIRD TURN KNOB ON DECK 2))

FX2_2 var '$fx2multi' ? var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 5 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 5 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 slider 1 : deck right effect 5 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 2 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 2 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 2 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 2 : deck right effect slider 2

FX2_3 var '$fx2multi' ? var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 6 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 6 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 slider 1 : deck right effect 6 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 3 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 3 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 3 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 3 : deck right effect slider 3

FX2_1_ON var '$fx2multi' ? FIRST EFFECT BUTTON ON MY RIGHT DECK (DECK 2)

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1(4) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1(4) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 active : deck right effect 1(4) active

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect active :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect active : deck right effect active

FX2_2_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 2 ON RIGHT DECK (DECK 2 )

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 2(5) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 2(5) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 active : deck right effect 2(5) active

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect select -1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect select -1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect select -1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect select -1 : deck right effect select -1

FX2_3_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 3 ON RIGHT DECK (DECK 2)

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 3(6) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 3(6) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3 active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 active : deck right effect 3(6) active

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect select +1 : deck right effect select +1

SHIFT_FX2_1_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 1 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON RIGHT DECK

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1(4) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1(4) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 select +1 : deck right effect 1(4) select +1
:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect button 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect button 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect button 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect button 1 : deck right effect button 1

SHIFT_FX2_2_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 2 ON MY RIGHT SIDE WHIILE PRESSING SHIFT

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 2(5) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 2(5) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 select +1 : deck right effect 2(5) select +1

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect button 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect button 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect button 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect button 2 : deck right effect button 2

SHIFT_FX2_3_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 3 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON MY RIGHT DECK

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 3(6) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 3(6) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3 select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 select +1 : deck right effect 3(6) select +1

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect button 3 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect button 3 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect button 3 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect button 3 : deck right effect button 3

SHIFT_FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ? TURN KNOB 1 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON RIGHT SIDE

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1(4) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1(4) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 2 : deck right effect 1(4) slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 4 : deck right effect slider 4

SHIFT_FX2_2 var '$fx2multi' ? TURN KNOB 2 WHILE PRESING SHIFT ON RIGHT SIDE

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 2(5) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 2(5) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 slider 2 : deck right effect 2(5) slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 5 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 5 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 5 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 5 : deck right effect slider 5

SHIFT_FX2_3 var '$fx2multi' ? TURN KNOB 3 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON RIGHT SIDE

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 3(6) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 3(6) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3(6) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 slider 2 : deck right effect 3(6) slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 6 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 6 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 6 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 6 : deck right effect slider 6

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 1:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I replied in one of your numerous posts in our forums.. i think it was in the version 8 Bug Report one....
Anyways i have a couple of questions for you..
If we come up with the scripts that will make the Effects to work as you want them...
1. Do you have a skin that shows 6 Effect slots per deck ? Can you point or share that ?
2. Just curious.. why do you want 6 Effect slots per deck ? Is there any chance to have 6 effects applied and triggered at the same time ???

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 1:11 pm
yeah i realise the skin it is not up to the challenge for 6 effects. but for mode 2 where you use 2 effects with all available (3 knobs it would be nice)not like it is now for only 1 effect. all this mumbo jumbo about six effects its ok.. but my main thought was leading towards making it so that i have 2 detailed effects per deck... (so mode 2) ...not the mode on for which i posted the coding for 6 effects per deck (but still not perfect) but to make the whole coding work better an all the lights and beeing lazy i adventure mysefl to make it work for mode 1 and now i will try to make it work for mode 2.......
And my Dj controller does have this functionality which is why i like to have all the avilable tools (if it has it why dont use it)...
And i also like to follow in small steps so first make it for the less complicateed mode and then for the more complicated mode.
I hope i was clear.
?

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 1:24 pm
So i realise after playing a while that this mapping is not working exactly as it should.
now when i put FX1_assign_1 button on deck 1 ON and FX_2_assign_1 button on deck 2 ON. i get 6 effects on my left deck. (deck 1) if my slot 1 slot slot 3 slot 4 slot 5 and slot 6 are all ON (andofcousre if i choose them to be diffrent)....
but the problme that i am facing now is that
if i have FX1_assign_1 button on deck 1 ON and i can choose three effects which go into slot 1, slot 2 and slot 3
but if i put then FX1_assign_2 button ON the button FX1_assign closes (light gets off) and light on FX1_assign_1 gets ON and now i must choose three new effects that i control with my left deck slot 1, slot 2, slot 3, which are not the same effects as the slot 1 slot 2 and slot 3 from when FX1_assign_1 button was ON, but i would like them to be so.
Basically if i explain this with coloring
when my FX1_assign_1 is ON on deck 1
and FX2_assign_1 is ON on deck 2
the effects slot 1, slot 2, slot 3 are coloured blue (and "belong to" FX1_assing_1) this are effects on deck 1 (and affect deck 1)
the effects slot 3, slot 4 slot 5 are also coloured blue (and belong to FX2_assign_1) this are effects on deck 2 (but affect deck1)
so now
when i put FX1_assign_2 ON on deck 1 i would like it to use the same effects that were in slot 1 slot 2 slot 3 (blue) but instead it uses
slot 1 slot 2 slot 3 which are red colour and thus diffrent and affecting deck 2.

And i would also like that when i switch FX1_assign1 ON and FX1_assign_2 ON on deck 1 that they both remain ON (now one closes when the other is ON) so the slot 1 slot 2 and slot 3 have this three effects influencing at the same time deck 1 (since FX1_Assign_1 is ON) and deck 2 (since FX1_assign2 is ON).. but i dont know if that is possible since the programme is designed liek it is designed (blue for left decks, red for right decks)???

originalnost wrote :
Using slots 4, 5 and 6 i managed to configure my ddj-sr so that i have 6 effects on deck 1 and deck 2
YOU WILL SEE WHERE I MADE THE CHANGE FROM THE ORIGINAL WITH A (NUMBER) IN PARENTHESIS LIKE THIS (4), (5) , (6)
This is done if you make this changes you can then use 6 effects on deck 1 and 6 effects on deck 2. Be sure to initialise the slot by pressing shift effect 1 , 2, 3, 4, 5, 6..

I added down there the coding: you will see where i made the changes the rest should be pretty straight forward.
The only problem i have is that i didnt yet discoverd how would i make FX_1_assign button and FX_1_assign_ buttons light at the same time and then make it so that while the effects on my left side are used for deck 1 the same effects would be used for deck 2.(which means that both FX1_assign_1 and FX1_assign 2 would be both ON) any ideas?
THIS ONLY AFFECT DECK 1 AND DECK 2 AND ONLY IN MODE (WHERE YOU HAVE 3 EFFECTS ON EACH DECK IN ORIGINAL CODING FOR VIRTUAL DJ 7.X)

best wishes Jan
and thanks for the idea PHANTOM
coding:
FX2_1 IS THE FIRST TURN KNOB ON MY RIGHT DECK

FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ?

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 1 : deck right effect slider 1

THIS IS HOW IT LOOKS CHANGED (FX2_2 (SECOND TURN KNOB ON DECK 2), FX2_3 (THIRD TURN KNOB ON DECK 2))

FX2_2 var '$fx2multi' ? var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 5 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 5 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 slider 1 : deck right effect 5 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 2 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 2 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 2 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 2 : deck right effect slider 2

FX2_3 var '$fx2multi' ? var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 6 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 6 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 slider 1 : deck right effect 6 slider 1 : var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 3 : var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 3 : var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 3 : var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 3 : deck right effect slider 3

FX2_1_ON var '$fx2multi' ? FIRST EFFECT BUTTON ON MY RIGHT DECK (DECK 2)

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect active : deck right effect active

FX2_2_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 2 ON RIGHT DECK (DECK 2 )

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 2(5) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 2(5) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 active : deck right effect 2(5) active

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect select -1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect select -1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect select -1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect select -1 : deck right effect select -1

FX2_3_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 3 ON RIGHT DECK (DECK 2)

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 3(6) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 3(6) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3 active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 active : deck right effect 3(6) active

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect select +1 : deck right effect select +1

SHIFT_FX2_1_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 1 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON RIGHT DECK

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1(4) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1(4) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 select +1 : deck right effect 1(4) select +1
:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect button 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect button 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect button 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect button 1 : deck right effect button 1

SHIFT_FX2_2_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 2 ON MY RIGHT SIDE WHIILE PRESSING SHIFT

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 2(5) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 2(5) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 select +1 : deck right effect 2(5) select +1

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect button 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect button 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect button 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect button 2 : deck right effect button 2

SHIFT_FX2_3_ON var '$fx2multi' ? EFFECT BUTTON 3 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON MY RIGHT DECK

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 3(6) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 3(6) select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3 select +1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 select +1 : deck right effect 3(6) select +1

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect button 3 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect button 3 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect button 3 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect button 3 : deck right effect button 3

SHIFT_FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ? TURN KNOB 1 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON RIGHT SIDE

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1(4) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1(4) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 2 : deck right effect 1(4) slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 4 : deck right effect slider 4

SHIFT_FX2_2 var '$fx2multi' ? TURN KNOB 2 WHILE PRESING SHIFT ON RIGHT SIDE

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 2(5) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 2(5) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 2 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 2 slider 2 : deck right effect 2(5) slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 5 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 5 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 5 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 5 : deck right effect slider 5

SHIFT_FX2_3 var '$fx2multi' ? TURN KNOB 3 WHILE PRESSING SHIFT ON RIGHT SIDE

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 3(6) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 3(6) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect 3(6) slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 3 slider 2 : deck right effect 3(6) slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect slider 6 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect slider 6 :

var_equal '$fx2' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 6 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 6 : deck right effect slider 6

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 5:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sent you a PM with a link to download a mapping file. Put the file in /VirtualDJ/Mappers folder, launch VirtualDJ and select the "New FXmode" mapping from the list in Config->Controllers tab.

Notes.
- FX1 unit has priority over FX2. So if FX2 is assigned to deck 2 and controls e.g. Slots 1 to 3 (in Multi FX mode), once you assign the FX1 unit to deck 2, then the FX2 unit (right side) will control slots 4 to 6
- both sides toggle Multi and Single FX mode at the same time, meaning that you cant have FX1 unit in Single mode and FX2 unit in MultiFX mode (it would require even longer scripts)

Good luck with the skin :)

Inviato Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 8:37 pm
Ty for the mapping but i realise i t actually doesnt do what you are saying:
my left side doesnt have any priority. i can use left side in fx multi and right side in fx single
or viceversa.
But i wish i could set it up so that when my left side in FX multi for example and i press FX1_asign_2 on my left deck it assigns those effects instantly to deck 2.
I mean:
now i click the thre effects in multi Fx On (on deck 1) adn when i click FX1_assign_2 (which should assign those effects to deck 2. it doesnt....
all lights go OFF again and now i have to choose 3 new effects that influence only deck 2 adn not deck 1.
what i would like is that they influence deck 1 and deck 2 at the same time (the same effects).
so if i press both buttons (fx1_assign1_and fx1_assign2 they would both light up and affect both deck with the same three effects, but at the same time add threee new ones in deck 2.
???

djdad wrote :
Sent you a PM with a link to download a mapping file. Put the file in /VirtualDJ/Mappers folder, launch VirtualDJ and select the "New FXmode" mapping from the list in Config->Controllers tab.

Notes.
- FX1 unit has priority over FX2. So if FX2 is assigned to deck 2 and controls e.g. Slots 1 to 3 (in Multi FX mode), once you assign the FX1 unit to deck 2, then the FX2 unit (right side) will control slots 4 to 6
- both sides toggle Multi and Single FX mode at the same time, meaning that you cant have FX1 unit in Single mode and FX2 unit in MultiFX mode (it would require even longer scripts)

Good luck with the skin :)

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 1:37 am
Before you sent that version i have created my own version
I wonder how much difrent they are.
I used the mapping that is already online under DDJ-SR and added a few numbers at exact places.
i influenced only dec1 and deck 2 with my changes: (here in prenthesis i show where i added the NUMBER 4,5,6 7 AND 8 SLOTS. There you see how i adjusted the mapping, where there was nothing i added (7) AND (8). THE ODING IS NT THERE BUT IF YOU FOLLOW MY INE OF THINKING YOU CAN ADJUST IT EVERYWHERE.

---------------------------------------
FX_1 First turn knob on my left DECK
------------------------------------------------------
FX1_1 var '$fx1multi' ?

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 1 : deck left effect 1 slider 1

:

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect (7) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect (7) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 1 : deck left effect (7) slider 1

FX1_1_ON var '$fx1multi' ? FIRST EFFECT BUTTON ON MY LEFT USING SLOT 7

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 active :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1 active :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 active :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 active : deck left effect 1 active
:

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect (7) active :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect (7) active :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect active :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect active : deck left effect (7) active

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST TURN KNOB ON MY RIGHT (CHANGED slot 1 to slot 4) and defoult(nothing) to slot 8)
so where it was written 1 i written 4 (under effect (mod1)) and where there was nothing i written 8 under effect (mod2)
I CONTINUED WITH THE SAME PHILOSOPHY THROUGH ALL THE SHIFT AND OTHER EFFECK BUTTONS AND KNOBS ONLY FOR DECK 1 AND DECK 2.

I did so through all the mapping where it was needed only to infulence deck1 and deck 2 and it does the same as your mapping does.

FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ?

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect (8) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect (8) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 1 : deck right effect (8) slider 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FX2_1_ON var '$fx2multi' ? FIRST EFFECT BUTTON ON MY RIGHT

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect (8) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect (8) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect active : deck right effect (8) active

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST EFFECT SLIDER WITH SHIFT BUTTON PRESSED (FIRST TURN KNOB WITH SHIFT) ON LEFT SIDE

SHIFT_FX1_1 var '$fx1multi' ?

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 2 : deck left effect 1 slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect (7) slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect (7) slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 4 : deck left effect (7) slider 4

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 2:30 am
i was also thinking how could i change the mapping so i could light up both buttons at the same time and i came with this idea.
see below-----
var_equal '$fx1' 2 & var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 slider 1 & deck 2 effect 1 slider 1 : added code on the knob

var_equal '$fx1' 2 & var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 active & deck 2 effect 1 active : added code on the button

but i am not sure if it will work if i adjust all the lines that need that part everywhere??
I just wish to know if this coding maybe isn't possible in that way before i start changing the MAPPING of my changed file that i have created? (or maybe how it should be done without changing too much)

originalnost wrote :
Before you sent that version i have created my own version
I wonder how much difrent they are.
I used the mapping that is already online under DDJ-SR and added a few numbers at exact places.
i influenced only dec1 and deck 2 with my changes: (here in prenthesis i show where i added the NUMBER 4,5,6 7 AND 8 SLOTS. There you see how i adjusted the mapping, where there was nothing i added (7) AND (8). THE ODING IS NT THERE BUT IF YOU FOLLOW MY INE OF THINKING YOU CAN ADJUST IT EVERYWHERE.

---------------------------------------
FX_1 First turn knob on my left DECK
------------------------------------------------------
FX1_1 var '$fx1multi' ?

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 & var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 slider 1 & deck 2 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 1 : deck left effect 1 slider 1

:

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect (7) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect (7) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 1 : deck left effect (7) slider 1

FX1_1_ON var '$fx1multi' ? FIRST EFFECT BUTTON ON MY LEFT USING SLOT 7

var_equal '$fx1' 2 & var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 active & deck 2 effect 1 active :

:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST TURN KNOB ON MY RIGHT (CHANGED slot 1 to slot 4) and defoult(nothing) to slot 8)
so where it was written 1 i written 4 (under effect (mod1)) and where there was nothing i written 8 under effect (mod2)
I CONTINUED WITH THE SAME PHILOSOPHY THROUGH ALL THE SHIFT AND OTHER EFFECK BUTTONS AND KNOBS ONLY FOR DECK 1 AND DECK 2.

I did so through all the mapping where it was needed only to infulence deck1 and deck 2 and it does the same as your mapping does.

FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ?

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect (8) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect (8) slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 1 : deck right effect (8) slider 1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FX2_1_ON var '$fx2multi' ? FIRST EFFECT BUTTON ON MY RIGHT

:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect (8) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect (8) active :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect active : deck right effect (8) active

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST EFFECT SLIDER WITH SHIFT BUTTON PRESSED (FIRST TURN KNOB WITH SHIFT) ON LEFT SIDE

SHIFT_FX1_1 var '$fx1multi' ?

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect 1 slider 2 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 2 : deck left effect 1 slider 2

:

var_equal '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect (7) slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect (7) slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect slider 4 :

var_equal '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 4 : deck left effect (7) slider 4

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 2:41 am
Hi i compared my coding with your coding in one instance i dont know why you have put so much coding into the mapping??
i achived the same result by adding just a few numbers? what is the diffrence. when i use my mapping i think there is no diffrence betewwen mine and your...

mine coding for FX2_1 looks like this:

FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ?

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 4 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 4 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect 1 slider 1 : deck right effect 4 slider 1
:

var_equal '$fx2' 1 ? deck 1 effect 8 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 2 ? deck 2 effect 8 slider 1 :

var_equal '$fx2' 4 ? deck 4 effect slider 1 : deck right effect 8 slider 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yours looks like this:

FX2_1 var '$fx2multi' ? var '$fx2' 1 ? var '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect_slider 4 1

: var '$fx1' 0 ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 effect_slider 4 1

: deck 1 effect_slider 1

: var '$fx2' 2 ? var '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect_slider 4 1

: deck 2 effect_slider 1

: var '$fx2' 3 ? var '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect_slider 4 1

: var '$fx1' 0 ? deck 3 leftdeck ? deck 3 effect_slider 4 1

: deck 3 effect_slider 1

: var '$fx2' 4 ? var '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect_slider 4 1

: deck 4 effect_slider 1

: deck 2 rightdeck ? var '$fx1' 2 ? deck right effect_slider 4 1

: deck right effect_slider 1

: var '$fx1' 4 ? deck right effect_slider 4 1

: var '$fx2' 1 ? var '$fx1' 1 ? deck 1 effect_slider 2 1

: var '$fx1' 0 ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 effect_slider 2 1

: var '$fx2' 2 ? var '$fx1' 2 ? deck 2 effect_slider 2 1

: deck 2 effect_slider 1

: var '$fx2' 3 ? var '$fx1' 3 ? deck 3 effect_slider 2 1

: var '$fx1' 0 ? deck 3 leftdeck ? deck 3 effect_slider 2 1

: var '$fx2' 4 ? var '$fx1' 4 ? deck 4 effect_slider 2 1

: deck 4 effect_slider 1

: deck 2 rightdeck ? var '$fx1' 2 ? deck right effect_slider 2 1

: var '$fx1' 4 ? deck right effect_slider 2 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i wonder why did you use so much coding?
i will try to analyse it to see the benefits..

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 6:27 am
I would really like to help but i don't know how this fx assigning works and what you really want to do.
If you can tell me without those assign stuff, i promise you i can give you copy'n'paste-ready scripts for all your knobs and you won't have to worry about any code yourself.
I don't really know the DDJ-SR, i will take a look on it's effect controls.

Inviato Sat 28 Mar 15 @ 7:34 pm
well:
there is one thing i havent mention through all of the coding i was posting becouse i assumed everyone looked at this
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16423/Pioneer_DDJ-SR.html
before helping me out.
Becouse i wanted just to upgrade this to suit my wishes.
So djdad sent me some other version of mapping, which is prety similar (if not even the same as mine) but he used more coding that i dd.. (i just changed a few numbers).. but i am really thankfull for that by the way djdad THANK YOU.
But still my version of coding works 2 t least i think and its easier to understand . at least for me.
but lets go back at the task at hand:

the FX1_ASSIGN_1 is what virtual dj recognises when you press the button (FX1_ASSIGN_1) ON MY LEFT SIDE (BEING ON DECK 1) while you are under settings (click config) --> mappers (click mappers) --> press the FX1_ASSIGN_1 button (on my left side deck1)
FX1_ASSIGN_1 var '$fx1' 1 ? set '$fx1' 0 : set '$fx1' 1 (so here it says that to FX1_ASSIGN_1 button the mapping (code) assigns '$fx1' 1 ( so when the FX1_ASSIGN_1 is pressed (will be pressed once and turned on) the FX1_ASSIGN_1 button will have the value '$fx1' 1 (if i understand this correctly.. somoeone correct me if i am wrong)
This works with the led indicator in this way....
LED_FX1_ASSIGN_1 var '$fx1' 1 ? on : var '$fx1' 3 ? blink : off (so when it is true it is ON when it is false it is off and alsi when it is not true it is also when '$fx1' 3 is true at which time the light blinks)

I am describing now this FX1_ASSIGN_1 button that is shown in a red square on the picture beloW:

SO...
SIMILARLY as explained above in the underlined section
there are three more buttons FX1_ASSIGN_2 (in blue colored square on the picture), FX2_ASSIGN_1 (in green colored square), and FX2_ASSIGN_2( in yellow coloured square) BUTTONS...
SHOWN IN THE PICTURE BELOW:

THERE ARE ALSO
FX1_ASSIGN_3 which is the same button as FX1_ASSIGN_1 and FX1_ASSING_4 which is the same button as FX1_ASSIGN_2 .. on my left side that affect deck 3... similarly on the right side for deck 4 the butons FX2_ASSING_3 and FX3_ASSING_4.
The diffrence between
FX1_ASSIGN_1 and FX1_ASSIGN_3 is in the mapping:
FX1_ASSIGN_1 var '$fx1' 1 ? set '$fx1' 0 : set '$fx1' 1
FX1_ASSIGN_3 var '$fx1' 3 ? set '$fx1' 0 : set '$fx1' 3

So now you maybe understand better the mapping of FIRST EFFECT BUTTON ON MY LEFT USING SLOT 7

FX1_1_ON var '$fx1multi' ?

:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the button is shown on this picture: in pink square.. (the (7) numbers i added them to the mapping becouse i wantedr to show where i changed my mapping for this particular button to add some effects explained above in my previuos postings...

The only mistery remaining is this

var '$fx1multi' in the code whichmeans that the coding above executes on thing if var '$fx1multi' is true .. and the other if it is false. Meaning if true if var '$fx1multi' in mode 1 (in this case having (fx MULTI effects on)
THIS PART OF CODE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or var '$fx1multi' in mode 2... fx SINGLE special effect on:

THIS PART OF CODE:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The button toggling this two is this one in violet BUT IS DONE SO BY PRESSING SHIFT AND THIS BUTTON IN VIOLET TO TOGGLE BETWEEN MODES:

the mapping:
LED_FX1_TAB var '$fx1multi'
SHIFT_FX1_TAP toggle '$fx1multi'
shown on the picture below

ko now if you check out the previous postings my thinkings should be more clear.. i hope.
best wishes jan :)

Inviato Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 7:20 am
Okay thank you for the explanation, i understand how it works now. So, what do you want to change?

Inviato Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 12:45 pm
i want it to be like this as i explained above :) (reposting)

DECK 1
AND FX1_ASSIGN_2

case 1:
case2:
if while FX1_ASSIGN_1 is ON i put ON also FX1_ASSIGN_2 it means that i would like
CASE 3:
affect DECK 2.
case 4:
i mean

so my right deck
FX2_ASSIGN_1
FX2_ASSIGN_2
Case 1:
case 2:
case 3:
case 4:

i mean

Understood?
ty Jan

Inviato Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 3:53 pm
Okay so this is what i got.

LEFT DECK: [O] means OFF and [X] means ON

FX1_ASSIGN_1 [O] FX1_ASSIGN_2 [0] -> Knobs on Deck 1 don't affect anything

FX1_ASSIGN_1 [X] FX1_ASSIGN_2 [0] -> Knobs on Deck 1 affect Deck 1 only

FX1_ASSIGN_1 [O] FX1_ASSIGN_2 [X] -> Knobs on Deck 1 affect Deck 2 only

FX1_ASSIGN_1 [X] FX1_ASSIGN_2 [X] -> Knobs on Deck 1 affect both decks

Then the same goes for FX1_ASSIGN_3 and FX1_ASSIGN_4
which in return let you exactly specify what decks you want to control at the time.

Same for Deck 2 and the 4 assign modes.

Alright?

Then you have the other mode which will let you control one effect at a time with more knobs to control it.

I need to know what triggers this mode and it's code, and then i have it almost ready for you.

Inviato Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 6:01 am
87%