Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: learning to mix

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ss2274Home userMember since 2015
I'm still trying to learn to mix. I can to a quick mix, you know where you instant ly to a mix. I'm not sure of the correct terminology here. The technique I'm tryinng to do is a basic blend...so this is how I have tried to do it. deck A(outro) deck B (intro. ok my big deal is fing that sweet spot. So let's saythe track is going to be ending in 16 bars or 16 kicks. Do i hit play on deck B on the 1 ? and then Do i have to have the mix complete on the 16? Seems like to me the mix has to be completed exactly on the 4,8,16 or the 32.seems like there can't be any in between. I also have trouble finding that sweet spot. seems like i tend to bring the intro track in a bit to strong. or sometimes I lower the bass on the outro track too much...any suggestions? Also when should a high pass filter be used vs lowering the bass? do you use effects much at the point of your mix? when do you tend to use the echo effects? please any suggestions or tips would be really apprecited. I know you guys are very experienced, and I'm just want to learn as much as i can from you. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 6:01 am
Read the topics with stars, at the top of this forum.

Inviato Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 6:36 pm
gstribPRO InfinityMember since 2010
ss2274 wrote :
I'm still trying to learn to mix. I can to a quick mix, you know where you instant ly to a mix. I'm not sure of the correct terminology here. The technique I'm tryinng to do is a basic blend...so this is how I have tried to do it. deck A(outro) deck B (intro. ok my big deal is fing that sweet spot. So let's saythe track is going to be ending in 16 bars or 16 kicks. Do i hit play on deck B on the 1 ? and then Do i have to have the mix complete on the 16? Seems like to me the mix has to be completed exactly on the 4,8,16 or the 32.seems like there can't be any in between. I also have trouble finding that sweet spot. seems like i tend to bring the intro track in a bit to strong. or sometimes I lower the bass on the outro track too much...any suggestions? Also when should a high pass filter be used vs lowering the bass? do you use effects much at the point of your mix? when do you tend to use the echo effects? please any suggestions or tips would be really apprecited. I know you guys are very experienced, and I'm just want to learn as much as i can from you. Thank you in advance.

Jim

Hey Jim,

I had the same problem you had and it is difficult to explain how I solved it via a forum chat. However, I can point to a set of videos that taught me the basics of everything I needed to when when I was getting started. Check out the link below which will take to a playlist on youtube that covers a wide variety of topics and will be able to assist you. If you have any questions please message me!

Learn To DJ Free: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85AB77DB5A3828A2

Inviato Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 2:23 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)