Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: [NOVICE] Ideal tracks for your first mix

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Firstly welcome to your new extended family! You couldn't have picked a better hobby to get in to, not only is it great fun to DJ for some it can also lead to a career in music!

So you've downloaded and installed the latest copy of Virtual DJ and your raring to get mixing, but as you have no real experience in mixing you are going to need to spend a fair amount of time getting accustomed to a few things, what does each button do, how do you beat match and also how can I switch songs effectively without fault (or worse SILENCE). As they say practice makes perfect and that's about all you can do, naturally some of you will be a gift from God and have perfect sets instantly but for the rest of us mere mortals we absolutely, unequivocally suck. Below I have compiled together a few groups of songs that I think would be great to use in your first few mixing sessions as they have very similar beats and structures. I used these songs when I was first starting out and they really helped me to hone in my skills.

[The Tracks]

Danny T - Let Me Go
JWMA - Why
Røse - No Good
Tru Concept - Play With My Heart
DubRocca - Falling
Enda - It's Alright
Endor & Midnight City - Be With Me (Ft. Romany)
Endor - Your Touch ft Newsome
Endor - Tight
JWMA - Everything (Original Mix)

Now, Ordinarily I would advise against including so many tracks from the same artist and encourage a wide variety of music, however as your just starting out, you can worry about playlists later. I would recommend firstly practising mixing songs in from the end of the previous just so you get the feel for beat matching and timing, after you get that down you can move on to blending the tracks (play them at the same time) and other various mixing techniques.

Hope this helps and let me know how you got on in the comments.
Enigma

Inviato Sun 14 Feb 16 @ 2:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)