Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dennon DJ MCX8000 x Virtual DJ - Page: 6

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Looking forward to the mapping, Serato is just so inferior on so many levels, what is it with the hype? Some files can't be read, the whole browser and search is useless, BPM in serato is just way off and those beat grids? wtf!!
After the luxury of a really superior app like VDJ8, its just hard work using serato. DJAY for mac is even superior to it.
Serato, doesn't like iTunes? blimey.
Anyway, enough ranting, just got in from a gig and needed to complain about serato a bit!!
Cuppa tea now.
Thanks VDJ for everything, stability, ease of use, compatibility with all files almost. Its never crashed....ever!

Inviato Sun 29 May 16 @ 5:49 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
djdad wrote :
VirtualDJ has always been the DJ software with the longest and most full list of supported Hardware and we intent to keep it that way, regardless the efforts of manufactures to offer locked Hardware to a certain a DJ software

Supporting hardware has always been a strength, but its also the greatest weakness when it comes to problems associated with drivers, something that doesn't happen often with dedicated, locked, proprietary hardware using Serato. The environment VDJ works in is certainly more challenging compared to the Serato/Mac combination.

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 12:21 pm
And it is testament to the Team that VDJ is very stable given all the combinations it has to work with.

As we know, when VDJ8 came out it was a bit of a disaster (even though it was supposed to be perfect on release), but a lot of hard work has gone in to get the level of stability we have now.

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 12:29 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
kradcliffe wrote :
As we know, when VDJ8 came out it was a bit of a disaster (even though it was supposed to be perfect on release)

The same thing happened with PCDJ FX with pretty much the same result.
I remember Red with the DMC, flawless and stable, then the nightmares started.

Its kind of funny to remember the heat VDJ took for the stability issues trying to manage all of the operating systems, platforms, drivers, firmware and lastly BLOATWARE.
Now its Serato's turn and the fan boys go quiet suddenly...

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 2:24 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
For most people, it took Atomix about 3 months post-release to get VDJ 8 to a stable place. (Build 1932 was what did it for me. Once that build was released, I was exclusively v8 and removed v7 entirely. - I don't have v7 installed anywhere.)

I have yet to have any significant issues and it's been nothing less than a solid performer for me.

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 3:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I fail to see how the latest posts are related to the MXC8000 unit though. And how stability, drivers, bloatware etc are related to a locked firmware.

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 4:45 pm
Sorry for going off topic.

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 5:19 pm
Well...Hurry up dang it, because during lame ass weddings, I miss watching all my music videos on deck 4 while playing overplayed wedding music on channel 1 & 2. They think I've heard the chicken dance for the first time, but really it's a dirty Pitbull Music video on my side. Serato....forces me to listen to listen to lame wedding songs and I just about can't take it any more.

Inviato Tue 31 May 16 @ 10:33 pm
dcomo wrote :
For most people, it took Atomix about 3 months post-release to get VDJ 8 to a stable place. (Build 1932 was what did it for me. Once that build was released, I was exclusively v8 and removed v7 entirely. - I don't have v7 installed anywhere.)

I have yet to have any significant issues and it's been nothing less than a solid performer for me.

I still won't use 8 as it varied from venue to venue if it would pick up TV and to back this up two DJ mates had same issue at their venues . I am still using Win 7 but suppose its time to give it another . What windows are you using ? It be great to be able to start using VDJ 8 and Win 10 plus my MCX 8000 when mapping done.

Inviato Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 5:00 pm
Windows 8.1 for me with VDJ build 2857 and it works perfectly. I know this has been debated to death but for my own reasons I wouldn't touch Windows 10 with a very long barge pole.

Even new machines with Win 10 are buggy as hell and that's not right at all.

Inviato Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 5:12 pm
I love the feel of the Denon MCX8000. I have to admit Serato does make it a bit easier to mix with the jog wheels of both my NS6 and this unit as well but the features and ease of use of VDJ 8.1 out weigh any pros of using Serato. When I first connected the MCX8000 in Serato I kept losing control after a few minutes. and the mouse pointer on occasion would start that halo effect like the computer was thinking or locking up. I checked yesterday and there is a new version of the driver on the Denon website compared to the one I downloaded on May 28th. If you're having connection issues like me give it a try but make sure you have your old driver backed up somewhere just in case.

Inviato Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 7:03 pm
chriso710 wrote :
dcomo wrote :

I still won't use 8 as it varied from venue to venue if it would pick up TV and to back this up two DJ mates had same issue at their venues . I am still using Win 7 but suppose its time to give it another . What windows are you using ? It be great to be able to start using VDJ 8 and Win 10 plus my MCX 8000 when mapping done.

@dcomo I use virtual 8.1 build 2857.1116 on a Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop with an i7 processor 1tb internal hdd as well as a WD passport ultra 2tb external for my music and karaoke 8gig ddr and the intel integrated video card with windows 8.1 purchased in may of 2013. All of my venues require video and I have never installed VDJ 7 on this machine. 8 just seems to do everything better. from searching to video processing. I couldn't run 1080p video with 7 but I have no problem with 8. I'll admit that 8 is a little more difficult to setup than 7 was and probably because it was new during that time and now I have no issues with 8 other than my initial connection to video when I start the program. I learned that I had to sometimes close the program then disconnect HDMI and then reconnect and start program but only at the initial start of my show... I had problems with stuttering and did 3 things: purchased a small powered usb hub, scan my computer for malware regularly and close all background processes before starting the program or as many as you can close. I no longer have an antivirus program installed since only 3% of actual threats are viruses and I just use the free versions of malware bytes and spybot search and destroy. I use this PC for everything including writing this post you're reading. I gig 5 to 6 nights a week in bars and restaurants and I'm here to tell you that Virtual DJ 8.1 is very stable. If not then you have problems with your computer. Hope this helps.

Inviato Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 7:41 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I personally haven't had issues since that build number that I posted, which was from August (or there around) 2014. (VDJ 8 is now about 2 years old at this point and ROCK solid.)

I use Mac's exclusively, however I know a number of people who use VDJ 8 on PC and they are equally as happy.

Inviato Wed 01 Jun 16 @ 9:20 pm
DO NOT forget to down load the new firmware update for the MCX8000 NOT just the newest windows driver. Di it here and NOT from any other website. http://www.denondj.com/mcx8000

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 16 @ 4:08 pm
Mapping files for MCX8000 will be uploaded probably on Monday in the Addons page for Pro users as "Beta" without the screens working

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 16 @ 10:16 pm
witosPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Nice :)

Inviato Fri 03 Jun 16 @ 11:20 pm

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 1:59 pm
Thank you so much for all your works.

Chriso

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:57 pm
Where can I download v8.2? I don't see it from the download page

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 5:52 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
please enable "early access" in your settings. then relaunch V8 and stand by for the automatic dl until finished

Inviato Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 5:56 pm
59%