Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: pioneer rmx 500 and a denon mc6000mk2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
if i purchased a rmx 500 and plugged it into lets say line 3 with on my denon, will the more echoey, whooshy effects come through properly when using it to mix in vdj 8.2? im not looking to add drum beats or the like. so it doesnt need to be timed with the beats.

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 12:40 pm
hh73 wrote :
if i purchased a rmx 500 and plugged it into lets say line 3 with on my denon, will the more echoey, whooshy effects come through properly when using it to mix in vdj 8.2? im not looking to add drum beats or the like. so it doesnt need to be timed with the beats.

I think it would be a shame to use it that way. You need an audio output from your system to be linked to the rmx500s input to take advantage of it's features
But I guess for white noise and a few other things that don't add to the music, but actually generates sound, it may work

You can test what it would sound like if it works pretty easily I think
Go to youtube and grab (download as mp3) a few examples of the effects the rmx can make without input (like white noise, I guess), load them on your phone (or another player/laptop), and attach that to the mc6000 input. Then you'll get a good idea about what it will sound like

But normally you'd insert the rmx500 between the master out and you PA, or in an effect send/return loop on a mixer, so that you send audio to it's input and get it back again from it's output:

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 1:49 pm
i had one and sold it because it wasnt the easiest to use. i just mix the effects of traktor on vdj. but i find the way i mix, the faders on the denon work much more smoothly on vdj. and so much of the music has effects already now. but sometimes i would like to add a bit of echo or something. maybe i need to play with the effects on vdj more. on my mcx8000 maybe it was my unit. the effects on vdj would not stop after they were used. i sold that. lol. as small as the mc6000mk2 is. it ALWAYS works perfect.

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 2:05 pm
ok it might work. but just not the way i mentioned. maybe a korg kaos pas would be better

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 2:25 pm
hh73 wrote :
ok it might work. but just not the way i mentioned. maybe a korg kaos pas would be better

It's the same thing. To get something out of it, you need to put it after your controller, so that it gets the audio output from the controller into it's input, and then after applying effects, sends the output including the audio from the song to your PA (or whatever is next in your setup)

If you don't want that, and feel that you have too little control over your internal VDJ effects using the MC6000, you can add a second MIDI controller specifically for controlling the VDJ effects. Like a Pioneer DDJ-SP1 or a Reloop Neon (which you can both use as-is, or re-map to your liking). Those will just need a second USB port to start controlling VDJ together with your MC6000

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 3:23 pm
that pioneer thing looks great. thank you so much. does it have a mapping for vdj. im not good at midi mapping

so im checking out the ddj-sp1 and it says it works with vdj8. so i can use this along side my denon mc6000? and i want whatever sounds that come from it to be included in the mix. so that the recording i upload to soundcloud has it.

dumb question. can you even have 2 controllers setup with vdj8 at the same time. this pioneer thing looks like you can control decks and such. i just want the efffets.

just bought the pioneer. should be fun. thanks again for your input

hh73, I merged your last 4 post into one. Please try not to post more than 2 consecutive post, as per forum rules. Also, you have time to go back and add to the previous post, since 3 of your post were in the same time frame. Hope you don't mind, and enjoy your new controller. AMAHM

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 5:51 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 7:01 pm
I used the SP1 along with MC6000 and it's a great combination. Only sold the SP1 when I got the MCX8000 as it has pad support built in.

They both work well together, highly recommended.

Inviato Mon 14 Aug 17 @ 8:00 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)