Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Stability issues

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I run a Dell Inspiron 7737 (i7,16GB, 256GB SSD) system with a Denon DN-HC4500 and having had Windows 10 Fall Creators edition and VDJ 8.2 build 3954 installed, all worked perfectly and nothing *EVER* glitched.

Then I accepted the update to VDJ 8.2 build 3994 and now roughly once at random in every 90 minutes of use the software locks up, crashes, reloads and carries on playing where it left off on the affected channel. This all happens in under a second but even so such "dead air" moments are not well received by any packed dancefloors to date. Also, any sidelists or automix selections are lost and return to whatever was there when the software last "properly launched" rather than recovering from a crash.

I have since downloaded and reinstalled build 3954 from a backup and checked that Windows has not installed any updates to itself but it still does the random restarts which is really really annoying.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this may be?

Inviato Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 6:12 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There are a few crashes logged from your account that seem to indicate the crash is coming from the Pioneer ASIO drivers, so you could check the pioneer website to make sure you download and perhaps re-install the latest version of the asio drivers for your controller.

Inviato Wed 20 Dec 17 @ 6:24 pm
ApTraxxPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I am having the exact same issue: "I accepted the update to VDJ 8.2 build 3994 and now randomly roughly every 30 to 90 minutes of use the software locks up". With the exception of my last gig, this system has been very reliable. I am using a Numark NV controller and an HP Probook 6570b with 8 GB of RAM. The only software running on on my laptop is VDJ. The crash happened to me 3 times while VDJ was executing an AutoMix. I am only playing MP3s, no video. I had to pull out my backup laptop and backup controller to finish my last gig. Are there any stability issues with this build?

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 4:06 am
I have removed and reinstalled the latest Denon ASIO drivers (v 2.2.2) but some people seem to find them unreliable.
Does anyone have a link to older ones I can try ?

This is really frustrating...

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 7:58 pm
If I can find the HC4500 Installation CD I will post a link here. They probably won't be compatible with Windows 10 though.

Doubt you will find them online.

Denon ASIO drivers are a mess. Uninstall the ones you put in and see if it will work WASAPI instead. Far less hassle.

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 8:20 pm
StarliteEnts wrote :
I have removed and reinstalled the latest Denon ASIO drivers

Did you miss what Adion said?

Adion wrote :
the crash is coming from the Pioneer ASIO drivers

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 9:17 pm
Sorry, I may have been mistaken.
The name of the dll where the crash is coming from was ddjasiodrv.dll
Ddj made me think of pioneer.

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 17 @ 3:06 am
Btw, I'm not sure but I seem to remember that the hc4500 works fine with wasapi as well instead of asio.
You might need to enable exclusiveAudioAccess in that case to make both outputs work though

Inviato Sat 23 Dec 17 @ 3:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)