Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Shaders To Avoid

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Just wondering if this should be a sticky, I've encountered a few shaders that make my laptop temperature shoot sky high and the fan going at full pelt as well as making VDJ visually jittery (waveform jitter, skin fps drop, and the occasional sound cut out). So far I've encuntered 9 (but deleted them days before thinking about doing this thread). I'll update this as and when I find them. Please feel free to add too and just to be clear - I'm not including the ones that just don't work as it'll be obvious). Just the ones that Adversely affect the performance of your machine and VDJ.

So, to start with, Avoid this Shader, > https://www.shadertoy.com/view/ll3yRr | view on shadertoy | copy link (although you should try it for the fan of it (see what i did there?) of hearing your fan go nuts. it sent my laptop temperature so high that the fan went into hyper drive .

Inviato Wed 11 Jul 18 @ 12:37 pm
Although I don't do video now, I have downloaded quite a few shaders for testing purposes at home in case I do video in the future. First thing I did was to go through them and any that caused the scrolling waveform to be jittery were disposed of unceremoniously regardless of how nice they looked. A lot of good ones went the journey, but, overall VDJ stability is more important.

Inviato Wed 11 Jul 18 @ 1:52 pm
Unceremoniously?????? That was a little cruel, don't you think? I'm sure is you asked them to leave nicely, they would have left. Very funny. You are right about the jitters. I just haven't had the chance to ask them to leave. I guess I should get to it, but as long as my machine doesn't cut off, I don't worry that much.

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 12:18 am
Ha ha ha, hope it made you smile.

They may be forgiven and returned soon. There's a new top of the range, blisteringly fast, Mac in the pipeline. ;-)

Here

Inviato Thu 12 Jul 18 @ 9:15 am
HOW MUCH?! :-)

And it says 2017 - doesn't sound very new to me.

Inviato Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 5:57 am
Just released;

New Macs

The new models are more powerful at the lower end of the range now.

Previous models may take a price drop, maybe not. ;-)

Inviato Fri 13 Jul 18 @ 10:36 am

Inviato Mon 20 Aug 18 @ 5:33 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)