Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Searchbar problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the searchbar. I am not sure if it is related to my license. If I try using the searchbar, VDJ finds only samples and other stuff. Pretty much every local item, but no music it seems.

Now, I have had a PRO-license (monthly) and stopped it as I don't need it at the moment. Is this the problem?

~Fijne Suiker

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 7:32 pm
Make sure you've got the browser set to show music files. If you don't know how to do that, it's in the manual.

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 7:47 pm
groovindj wrote :
Make sure you've got the browser set to show music files. If you don't know how to do that, it's in the manual.

I have. I have checked the following boxes (translated from Dutch, so they might differ in the English version):

- search current folder
- search local folders
- search online catalogs (only if there are no results localy)

- search title
- search artist
- search file paths

I'll check the manual for if I may have to have a setting set wrong, but I didn't change it since my last 'gig' and I was able to search for music then.. The only thing that has changed is my licence, so I thought it might be a restriction in the 'home use' licence?

--UPDATE--
I checked the settings and those are fine. Is it a licence thing or should I look for something else? I use MP3's and the folder is local. If I go to the folders manually (sidebar on the left), I can find and play the music, so it doesn't seem to be a format/extension problem?

~Fijne Suiker

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 7:54 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 8:06 pm
PhilW wrote :
You need to check that the browser is showing music.

Browser options are left of the folder list - click the little circle.

Manual section is here https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser/toolbar.html
Look at the explanation for #5 (browser options) which talks about showing music, karaoke and video in the files list.

Browser is definitly showing music. I can search in the folders. However, I am a bit closer to where the problem might be:

There is a folder on my desktop called: "Music". There are some songs in this folder, but there is also a subfolder within this folder.
It seems to be able to search for the songs in the folder, but not in the subfolder. However, I can't find a setting for this... And even if there was a setting, wouldn't the folder "Music" be a subfolder itself from the desktop?

Even when I have selected the subfolder on the sidebar on the left, and looking at the songs in the middle browser, when I start typing out the name of the song/artist in the searchbar it can't find it anymore...

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 8:18 pm

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 8:45 pm
PhilW wrote :
Have you added files and not redone the add to DB step? If the files are in a newly added subfolder VirtualDJ will need to scan to be aware of them for searching.

Relevant manual section:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/database/search.html

This did it! Thank you! It was a new folder, yes. I have rebooted VDJ thinking that would be enough (it was in the passed, wasn't it?). Anyway, another quesion inmediatly comes to mind: When I connect my external Harddrive, wich has A LOT of folders in it, will I need to do this to every folder, or just the harddrive folder itself?

~Fijne Suiker

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 1:15 pm
Great, glad that worked.

I don’t use an external drive myself (except for backups) but from reading other posts here over the years I think you should be able to hook it up and run “Add to Search DB”. Then make sure you do all file maintenance/moves within VDJ.

Perhaps someone else can chime in with advice.

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 1:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)