Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Effect 2 suddenly not working

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I can't figure out what went wrong.

I recently tried out a Roland DJ 808 and now my effect two slot ( which was Echo) no longer does anything to the deck when switched on.

I've switched back to my trusty MC4000 now, but it still doesn't work.

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 10:22 pm
Does it work if you put another effect in the slot?

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 10:32 pm
Good question. I just tested, and it seems like most of the legacy effects are not working.

Not functional: cut, Echo, distortion, flanger, filter hplp, filter, Mobius, noise, phaser, reverb, slicer, spiral, setup auto.

Functional: beast grid, backspin, loop out, loop roll pitch, scratch DNA, filter roll, flipping doubles, shrink loop.

If I do a complete reinstall will it kill my database??

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 2:21 am
Yes if you choose remove files it will

Instead try locating the .ini files for the effects in a /documents/virtualdj subfolder, and try deleting for instance the one for echo. That will force VDJ to simply recreated it with default settings the next time VDJ is opened, which may fix the problem

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 5:16 am
How do you tell if effects are working ?
By hearing them on your headphones, or on your Master Output ?
Have you tried the other slots ?
Check the fxprocessing option in VirtualDJ
If it's set in post-fader option then several effects won't be audible on your headphones since the volume fader is closed and they will be audible (both on headphones and master) only when some volume is applied on that deck.

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 8:02 am
Guys, thank you!, Your assistance is part of why I love VDJ.

I will check .Ini files

I know I'm running post faders, but I'm pretty sure I check both cue and master with no change in sound.

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 4:11 pm
SOLVED!!

Deleting the .ini and restarting VDJ fixed it! Thank you guys!!

Inviato Tue 28 Aug 18 @ 2:43 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)