Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: controller help

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hi guys i run 2 macbook pro's one 2012 & one 2015 retina, both with dual graphics gpu, both on high sierra and both having overheating issues whilst running virtual dj 2018. i have narrowed this down i have 2 controllers i use, a denon mc6000mk2 with multiple screens whilst running video & karaoke, i have no issues with this set up and vdj runs fine. however as soon as i connect my mc-x8000 i get problems over heated graphics gpu, glitchy graphics (a complete shutdown last night) the laptop overall is very hot. i'm guessing i need to adjust settings but not sure what needs to be adjusted. i have had the 2015 macbook on test since i got back last night (stand-alone with no controller connected) and its running very cool at 37 degrees celcius, i do have smc fan control installed running the fans at 2700rpm. i'm just about to get the mcx out of the lock up to test/adjust etc any help appreciated

Inviato Sun 02 Sep 18 @ 10:06 am
Not sure why the controller would make.such a difference with cpu load, are you using a skin for the relevant controller?. Most controllers are midi devices amd are simply sending data to vdj

What spec are your macs (pc here)

I know they some commented that the mac is more built for style than a hard working machine (not knocking your mac) saying that the slim design is not good for thermal dissipation, but surely the machine should throttle back the cpu if the machine gets too hot .

Have you checked your thermal management setting in the bios ?

I know on the oc you can use the controller with or without asio drivers, not sure how it works on the mac , but if there is an separate audio driver , this could be adding more load

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 6:07 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try to set the controllerRefreshRate to 30, which will reduce the cpu load for updating the controller.

We did find some potential performance problems in the mcx8000 mapping and it should be improved in the next update.

It should not affect gpu usage though, and as said a well-designed working computer should automatically lower the speed in other to keep temperatures low enough not to cause graphics glitches or shut downs, so you may still want to have the computer checked. (There have been some known problems with badly applied cooling paste and bad soldering in macbook's in the past, so it is possible that yours is affected as well)

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 7:37 am
Been using the MCX8000 with Windows for over a year and it does seem to make the PC run a bit hot. I applied new paste but it's not really made any difference.

Probably just bad Denon drivers. Their coding in general is horrific.

No operational issues though, runs like a dream.

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 8:50 am
hi guys thanks for the reply's think i've got to the bottom of the issue so fingers crossed anyway here are my findings, midi trans setting in vdj defaults to 10milisecs on the mcx by default it sets to 4millisec so i have adjusted it to match vdj, i have also found that the mac runs at a good 5 degrees c hotter with the mcx connected running vdj (it hits 60 degs running serato video) i have found it does get hotter if i have the mac on a flat surface, as past a certain angle the screen starts to block the vents at the back of the machine so they can't vent the heat so easily. however if i have the mac on a stand or the back end raised it vents ok and keeps the temp down. for this reason i'm looking at buying an equinox mk 2 booth (with the vented metal shelf) as opposed to my mk1 with a carpet shelf.

i am also about to replace the thermal paste just incase but i think it's more positioning of the MacBook, both machines have had gpu overheat issues and both since the release of vdj2018, however as the heatsink on the matchbook cools both the cpu and gpu it could be heat transferring from one to the other. both MacBooks are dual graphics, one is a late 2012 macbook pro 2.2g processor 8gb ram, 1gb graphics running high sierra, the other is a mid 2015, macbook pro retina 2.5ghx processor, 16gb ram with 2gb radeon graphics again running high sierra.

there are no ASIO drivers for the mac as they run their own midi log so all audio runs through this. i have noticed however both with serato & vdj if i scan tracks (i.e scan for bpm) the temp rises pretty quickly and so does the fan speed however with normal running the temp creeps up and therefore the fans don't kick in as quickly and keeps the overall temp higher, because of this i have also installed smc fan control so i have set the fans minimum speed a bit higher which is helping with keeping the temps down.

Inviato Mon 03 Sep 18 @ 11:05 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)