Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: ContentUnlimited Audio and Internet Radios

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could clarify this legal aspect of the ContentUnlimited Audio subscription service. We operate a non-profit internet radio on Radio.co for a gaming community and we're interested in subscribing to the ContentUnlimited service to get access to a legal catalog of music tracks. But after reading the legal disclaimer here: https://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/idjpool.html I'm still not a 100% sure if it's legal to broadcast these songs to a worldwide audience?

The disclaimer mention the USA and other authorized countries. But which countries are authorized? Is it possible to get a list?

Thanks

Christian

Inviato Tue 04 Sep 18 @ 7:29 pm
What country do you live in? One of our DJ's, that live in your country and subscribe to the service can help with that question. Also be aware that this is not Spotify, or iTunes. You will not be able to get "Every" song that these services have.

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 3:30 am
Hi,

Our DJ's are located in Canada and the USA!

Thanks

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 3:48 am
It's legal in the U.S.A. Buy a monthly subscription, and find out. It's only $10.00. Just curious, where have your DJ's been getting their music from?

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 3:55 am
Yes it's really cheap and that's why I'm skeptical that we can use these tracks to broadcast to a worldwide audience.

I'm curious when you say that I should subscribe and find out! What do you mean by that? IMHO it would be a lot easier if iDJPool simply issued a clear statement about authorized countries...

Our DJ's used to download music files from the internet but we told them that it was unacceptable even for a non-profit organization! We want to be 100% legit!

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 4:34 am
OK, I just went to their site, and they say for U.S. DJ's only. I edited my last post to reflex that. However, that is not the site that I get my subscription from. VirtualDJ has an agreement with them, and we get our subscription from VDJ. Even if you subscribe from them, you would not be able to use directly with VDJ. They are two different subscriptions. The reason I said try it, if they accept your subscription, then you know you are good to go. If not, then you will also know. Nothing happens unless you try. It will only be good for one DJ, all DJ's have to have their own subscription.

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 4:51 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In most countries, there's a separate license required for playing music in public or broadcasting.
You should check with the local copyright organisation which type of license you need.

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 5:58 am
I'm not talking about this offering: https://www.idjpool.com/join/

I'm talking about the VDJ ContentUnlimited Audio subscription service (that is provided by iDJPool but through VDJ)...

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 6:22 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, it doesn't matter where you get your music from, broadcasting and live performance typically requires additional licenses from your local copyright organisations.

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 6:24 pm
No, he's asking if our contentunlimited service, which is supplied by IDJpool, is legal in Canada. Their website states the they are only for U.S, DJ's. Does your agreement with them, supersede the U.S only DJ condition?

Inviato Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 6:35 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)