Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: playing iTunes

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I've watched all the videos, and performed any fixes... I can see my iTunes folders and my downloaded songs albums, but the songs will not load or play? Help

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 12:41 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
iTunes or apple music? apple music is DRM protected therefore is not playable with vdj.

@devs perhaps a dialogue box/message if user tries DRM tracks.

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 18 @ 2:52 am
I'm using iTunes... I see the title, such as "90s dance" and click recurse but nothing populates.

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 5:52 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
You didn’t answer the question: are you using music you’ve bought or Apple Music?

Also, do you have more than one iTunes library?

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 18 @ 6:48 pm
I have an iTunes monthly subscription if that's what you mean by songs I pay for.

And yes only 1 library

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 12:07 am
The monthly subscription means you are using Apple Music which rents you the music. It is only playable within the Apple ecosystem (iTunes and Apple devices). The music is DRM-protected which means VDJ cannot play it. Besides, the Apple Music service is for personal use only.

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 1:25 am
2mvp8102PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
when did VDJ stop playing DRM, is that why I have an X through my songs?

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 5:09 am
If "your" songs are rented (where are they from?), then they are highly likely to have DRM protection.

However, as far as I'm aware VDJ does not recognise DRM protection in the browser. It just refuses to play the tracks.

It's more likely that you've just moved or renamed the tracks without doing so in VDJ - so now the database can't locate them.

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 18 @ 7:41 am
Hi guys I have a different problem I am looking for help on please, again I can see all my playlists in virtual dj and again they are empty with no songs in them, I do not use apple music and all songs have been bought, but still I cant get them, any ideas please

Inviato Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 11:15 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Export the playlist in iTunes to an M3U playlist.
Then bring that list into VDJ.

See if VDJ can find the tracks then.

Inviato Mon 31 Dec 18 @ 1:32 pm
So I have to buy each idvidual song to be able to use vdj. There’s no way at all to use Apple Music?

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 19 @ 4:31 am
Correct. Apple Music is a consumer service and not licensed for use in DJ’ing.

Inviato Mon 11 Feb 19 @ 4:38 am
I use iTunes as a music organizer, just because it was already being used before I got into DJ'ing. I can import CD's into the iTunes folders and it works quite well in VDJ. Folders, sub folders for events, and I can change the name of the song to attach a note right in the title. But there is a lot of so called big time pros that actually teach DJ'ing online that advocate using Spotify in public events. So it gets confusing until you realize they are full if it. Youtube, Amazon music, apple music, it is all the same, you cannot use it. I am using the cheap $10 IDJ pro built right into the VDJ software and it works pretty good, except Latin music is really not represented well. I guess if I looked at international music I would find it lacking as well. But new pop and hip hop music is well represented. Older stuff it is hit and miss, and as long as people ask for an artist and not specific songs that were not popular, you will be fine.

Inviato Wed 15 May 19 @ 5:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)