Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon Prime 4 Virtual Dj Support - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

Its great that the Denon Prime DJ officially supports Virtual DJ . They say so on screen during Denon's Prime 4 Tutorials for hardware attachment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl5_PZulIxY

I have had this spaceship for 5 days now and although the tutorials are great, this baby does a lot for your bucks and when VDJ do the mapping I guess the price no doubt will increase as did my Pioneer DDJ-RZX digital DJ controller .

Inviato Tue 25 Jun 19 @ 5:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
 Best Answer We have uploaded mapping files for the Denon DJ - Prime 4
You can install from within VirtualDJ Settings-->EXTENSIONS tab->Other->Custom mappers
Requires a Pro License.

Mapping files do not include the Main Display and the AlbumArt of jogwheels, as they are part of the Denon SDK , which is still not operational

Inviato Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 7:05 pm[ selected best answer by Rune (DJ-In-Norway) on Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 11:59 am ]
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i have a pio xdj rx2, was on the list for prime 4. but i needed something at the time that was delayed. anyway. vertical waveforms make me a bit dizzy (serious) with vdj can you set it to have horizontal waveforms. or can you even close the screen it has and run it from a laptop or pc. i would not be on the road with it. i just make mixes for mixcloud, etc.

Inviato Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 10:53 am
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Would also love to see support for the Denon DJ Prime 4

Inviato Mon 12 Aug 19 @ 10:26 am
We have uploaded mapping files for the Denon DJ - Prime 4
You can install from within VirtualDJ Settings-->EXTENSIONS tab->Other->Custom mappers
Requires a Pro License.

Mapping files do not include the Main Display and the AlbumArt of jogwheels, as they are part of the Denon SDK , which is still not operational

Selected as best answer Inviato Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 7:05 pm
I have raised this issue several times on the Denon forum but no response. Are they just really shit at coding or do they just want to block 3rd party access to push Prime?

They just don't realise how many VDJ users there are out there. Idiots.

Inviato Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 8:08 pm
Heinz54PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi.
How do I have to go about getting this to work with the mapper?
Somehow that did not work for me.

Best regards

Inviato Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 9:01 pm
What firmware does your Prime 4 have? It's likely that you will need to have the latest update installed.

Inviato Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 9:03 pm
Heinz54PRO InfinityMember since 2011
V.1.3.2
Does not recognize the sound card.

Inviato Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 7:25 am
Any chance you are using a very old VDJ Build ?

Inviato Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 1:37 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I have raised this issue several times on the Denon forum but no response. Are they just really shit at coding or do they just want to block 3rd party access to push Prime?

They just don't realise how many VDJ users there are out there. Idiots.

I don't think they are either shit at coding, nor idiots. To me, it just seems they have too much on their plate right now, trying to fix the bloody awful Engine Prime software, which probably makes integrating with other platforms less important.

Inviato Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 7:05 pm
I've implemented this mapper of both of machines (Mac, Win 10) and it works like a charm. No problems with sound or anything. The downside is that you have to choose between standalone or controller, not like MCX8000 there you can combine sticks and computer. And the screens will not work either so in my opinion a very expensive controller. But I will not use VDJ for the P4 because it's an excellent standalone machine. Nice to know that I can run it with VDJ though. My P4 runs the 1.4.0 Beta version with the WiFi enabled. And for your information, there is an extensive development program in progress by Denon. As a Beta tester I know how much work they put in to fix all the problems and bugs.

Inviato Sun 27 Oct 19 @ 8:41 am
djdad wrote :

Does this mean that, if I use VDJ, all the screens are turned off? All black? Is there a video showing this consolle working with VDJ? Just to understand...

Inviato Thu 14 Nov 19 @ 8:50 am
Satamancho wrote :

He means the Prime 4's main display and jog wheel displays.

Inviato Fri 15 Nov 19 @ 6:32 pm
With current mapping...

- Main Display is blank - not working at all.
- OLED Displays (the small displays above the Deck FX units) work properly. An issue on Mac will be fixed in next update.
- Jogwheel Displays. No Cover Art is displayed. Deck number, loop size , jog rotation circle are displayed
- Everything else works as expected.

Inviato Fri 15 Nov 19 @ 7:28 pm

still no improvement very disappointed

Inviato Sun 29 Dec 19 @ 7:38 pm
Hi - I'm currently using an XDJ-RX2 but am really interested in the Prime 4, seems a fantastic bit of kit. I can see that currently the mappings work with VDJ but the screens as yet do not. I'm not asking for a timeframe, but just as to whether it can or will NOT happen as I don't know what Denon are saying to you. Knowing that this will come in the future is the deal breaker for me as I sometimes do gigs with Video and would use VDJ for that. Don't want to have to invest in Serato. If I remember it was about 12 months before the screens worked for the RX2 so I know it's a lot of work. Just hope Denon say yes to opening up that SDK for you.

Inviato Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 1:57 pm
There's been a lot of new Denon DJ kit announced recently, with plenty of positive sounding noises from them (although of course that's no guarantee).

It could mean thought that Denon DJ might actually get their collective finger out...

Inviato Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 5:20 pm
Loads of people asking for VDJ support on their forums but not one response.

Inviato Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 7:14 pm
Well it's not the hardware that needs to support the software. The software needs to be mapped to work with the hardware - which it does, except for the SDK issue.

I was reading about some new hardware the other day, seeing people posting about wanting it to work with Traktor. They need to contact NI about that, not the hardware manufacturer...

What I find annoying is that Engine Prime can import from Traktor, Serato and Rekordbox - but not VDJ. Now that's a job for Denon.

Inviato Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 7:27 pm
Denon aren't interested in VDJ. Not sure what went sour after the MC6000 tie-in but they almost pretend it doesn't exist.

All they care about is their crappy Engine and their "partner" Serato.

They simply don't understand how many more units they would sell if they had VDJ support. I get what they're trying to do with Engine standalone but that's no use for those who do video or karaoke gigs. They just don't get it.

Inviato Wed 15 Jan 20 @ 7:31 pm
4%