Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: strange issue with controller last night

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Last night I was doing a show, and I had a strange issue that occurred about an hour into a 6 hour show. Normally while a track is playing if i hit the cue button the song goes back to the beginning. Last night worked fine for about an hour then the right deck started acting strange. When I would hit the cue button would start setting cue points. The left deck was fine. I went into the controller settings in VDJ and set it to factory mapping and it worked fine for a few songs, then started setting cue points again. I switch back to the custom mapping i use, it would work for a few songs then start messing up again. So all night I had to switch back and for for the mapping for it to work. If it were a mapping issue it should not act up in factory default mode. The left deck never had any issues only the right. I was using build 4615.1470 Any thoughts are appreciated

J

Inviato Sun 01 Sep 19 @ 11:04 pm
build 4615.1470 ^^
It's almost one year old, actual build is 5186
Maybe it's time to update

The other hand, any software used for a really long time within windows, these strange actions initially working well then not working correctly untill you restart your software and never reappearing again the same way seem to become more and more common these days - Specially when system swap is in use

When possible, i use to restart VDJ taking advantage of some announcement/promo/advertising/thanks....

You had luck, by switching skin too many time / too often may sometime end with freezing VDJ, unless you only switched layouts

Inviato Mon 02 Sep 19 @ 12:23 am
The cue button will start setting points if your touchwheel is stuck on "on" mode.
Long story short, you should check the sensitivity of your right jogwheel (if your controller has such a setting)
Also depending on the controller you should check for static electricity and other known factors (like increased humidity) that may interfere with your jogs "touch" ability/action.
Finally placing a controller on a non even surface could also interfere with the jog commands.

So, check all the above conditions, give it a thought and let us know if anything applies to your case or not.
Still, your issue (cue button setting points) is related to jogs touch action malfunctioning.

Inviato Mon 02 Sep 19 @ 8:53 am
Bigbaromilly, i have version 5186.1521 on my laptop as well, (i keep the older version in case an update has an issue) the problem was still the

Phantom, my controller does have an adjustment for jog wheel pressure for scratching It is possible it is set too sensitive, I will adjust and see if it fixes the problem
Thank you both for answering

Inviato Mon 02 Sep 19 @ 10:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)