Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Online Streaming from Multiple Locations

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi, I wonder if anyone had any insight they could share on this please?

I have noticed recently there are alot of people live streaming on social media. The bit which is facinating me is how there are DJ/MC Combo sets with each being in different locations. Working from the fact the DJ is plugged directly into their laptop or phone to go live.. how is MC listening to the music in a different location? If the MC was simply watching the stream live their vocal would be out of time due to the couple of seconds lag between DJing to the music going live... Is there a certain service or way they are using in order to make this happen?

I would really like to do this myself but not sure where to start.. Cheers

Inviato Mon 25 May 20 @ 1:37 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't know for sure how it's done, but in theory, dj streams direct to MC and the MC's machine packages up the local audio + the dj stream and streams that to the world. It's probably smarter than that, but that would be one way.

Inviato Mon 25 May 20 @ 1:48 am
frenchymc wrote :
the fact the DJ is plugged directly into their laptop

Are they? It's not a fact unless you're certain of how the DJ is connected.

There is bound to be some sort of system/method being used, as (for example) the BBC are showing things that have been broadcast with entire orchestras of musicians all playing in sync. I know one DAW that has an addon which allows performers in remote locations to play/record in sync with the DAW, so there must be others.

Inviato Mon 25 May 20 @ 8:19 am
Yeah good point.

I assume for sound quality the DJ is running from an actual mixer into the laptop so that they can stream onto Facebook for example.
I’ve found a site called stream yard which allows you to stream to multiple social media’s at once which is cool.

It’s just like when I’m seeing things on tv I’m always wondering how they are access the sound? As everything I do always has a 2 second minimum delay by sounds of things.

Maybe if it’s the software that’s splitting the stream has a master audio in there which times it all up maybe.

Inviato Mon 25 May 20 @ 12:27 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)