Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CPU Usage

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have an Acer Intel Pentium Processor N3530 2.16GHZ, 4.00 gb memory. 64 bit system. Question why when i load a song it sends my CPU skyrocketing to the point VDJ crashes is there a way to tweak it or is it VDJ.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 9:58 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
hello
Do you have the vdj 2021 version ???

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:00 pm
yes im running 2021 version

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:02 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try disabling the Mathengine option in options and see how it works

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:02 pm
Looks like there are a couple of crash reports received. I'm sure one of the development team will look into them and either fix the issue or advise.

In the mean time does you machine has a dedicated graphics card?

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:04 pm
not sure what you mean dedicated graphics card

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:11 pm
Something like an Nvidia card built into your machine. If you're not sure then it's likely you haven't.

As suggested in the mean time you could disable the stem engine under settings mathEngine.
But the team will look at the reports and try to fix.

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:14 pm
disabling the math engine takes away the use of the stem and i like using the stem but the cpu stayed normal

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:16 pm
You really need a more powerful machine with a good NVidia graphics card (they're around $200).

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:21 pm
no dedicated graphics card

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:23 pm
djdarkknight4847 wrote :
no dedicated graphics card

Will be incremental performance updates, that might fix your CPU going too high.. (and crash)

Generally speaking 100% is not bad in itself, if its not lasting for a long time. The software will use as much power as Windows allows, to speed up the load as fast as possible
If you're having problems with the math engine, performance improvements will come, so be patient ;)

(if you had a dedicated graphic card the load would be pretty much instant, and no extra cpu use)

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:28 pm
Just as a demo with a modern computer, and a good dedicated Nvidia card
(this being very new computer hardware, but any recent good laptop/computer with Nvidia (windows) or AMD (mac) graphic card will perform good)

If you dont have a dedicate graphic card, the fallback is using CPU., that will be slower, and use a lot of CPU during load.
(but if it crashed, just be patient while its being investigated ;-) )

djdarkknight4847 wrote :
I have an Acer Intel Pentium Processor N3530 2.16GHZ,

Keep in mind this processor is more than 6 years old... might be ok, but still..
https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/11468/IntelR-PentiumR-CPU--N3530----216GHz

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 10:32 pm
Appreciate the INFO rune

Inviato Sat 20 Jun 20 @ 11:08 pm
ok CPU still runs high but the crashing has gotten better it seems

Inviato Tue 23 Jun 20 @ 1:04 am
I was having a problem with CPU spiking when simply loading a song. I had an older version that had no problems at all. What I did to fix the problem was disable mathEngine under the performance settings. Once I did this the songs loaded in an instant and CPU usage was minimal. Math Engine handles stem separation, not sure how important that is but obviously wasn't a problem in earlier versions. Will test more but so far it has fixed the problem. Or I load the old version that does not have this issue.

Inviato Wed 26 May 21 @ 12:10 am
Previous version without stems then I guess you mean?
If not having a supported graphic card (Nvidia on Windows or AMD on mac), creating the stems on the fly will use the CPU, and that can be a bit slower, depending on how fast and good your CPU is.

Song still loads instant, can start play right away, but a "second load" where it generates the stems will take a few seconds or more..

If its really slow, on your computer, you can either disable mathEngine (as you mentioned) and have no stems, or set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed" instead and have stems available at "pre-analyze" prior to mixing, from right-click in the browser (instead of generating on fly on deck)

If you are unsure what the stems feature is, see here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/stems/

Inviato Wed 26 May 21 @ 11:37 am
DjtrraxPRO SubscriberMember since 2016
Why I not getting 2021 version when I download from this site?

Inviato Wed 26 May 21 @ 1:16 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
most likely you run 32bit Windows OS

Inviato Wed 26 May 21 @ 1:24 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)